Alright here have been my experiences from using it for a full day.
1) After switching from V.2 to Ultimate my clock nor anything that was the day color showed up at all (volume # and parts of the other clock) uninstalling and reinstalling roadrunner seemed to fix this though.
2) When using the dim option button in the corner it got stuck at the lower setting with the green, and when pressed would flash back to bright but automatically go back to dim... This seemed to be ok after the #4 problem happened and I had rebooted and tried again.
3) When I tried to go to the audio browser screen, which I believe is click where the album cover would be in the audio screen.. I get the options on the side (source, Cd rom, and eject) but I only see dots on the screen. I checked the music path at the time and it seems to be set right. I don't have this problem on my home PC at all though.
4) Roadrunner hung at exit, so I closed it by "end now" and shutdown windows. I left the car but I believe windows shutdown ok. When I booted up Freedom got stuck on the page that says "This is your first time running..." and it kept rebooting into that (like a loop). After shutting it down and going into Roadrunner config everything that was setup like music path etc... Was all set to "click here to set path". Even the skin line was blank, but for some reason it knew to try to load ultimate.
I think that was about it for today... I have been running V2.1 for like 4 months now and never had these glitches. so I don't believe it is my setup, but no idea.
Either way just thought I would let you know in case anyone else is having issues or maybe you may know what would cause it.
#3 works fine now, may have had something wrong in the .ini Now that it's all re-setup it works well
Wait I got more!...LOL
If you have the audio saver enabled and you are clicking through the scroll down button on your playlist, but not moving the mouse it comes up thinking that you are idle..
So I take it that activity is based on movement and not clicks?
Ok have some myself :P in my setup the repeat button doesn't work (the lower button that looks like shuffle but is not )
Don't know if "CD room" is active\working yet but if it is, is no working (can't load the cd tracks by clicking the button but if I go source d:\ it show them just fine).
All you problems seem to point to things not being installed right.. First off, I think you didnt have the latest flash installed AND you had Autochange Day to Night set to True.. so when you try and change the Day to night / night to day by pressing the button.. It will change it back by itself, first set this to false in the settings .. skin options.
Then you made things mess up by reinstalling RoadRunner and not installing the RoadRunner beta that FU came with back again, this is why you were getting the looping as your version doesnt have the RR reload command.
You are right about the saver being based on movement not clicks, but its impossible to keep tapping the same position on a touchscreen but I will look to add mouse clicks as well.
The CDROM thing is coded in, but I forget where I'm pulling the variable from.. What isnt coded in yet are the paths in the settings where it would be set up from. For the mo you will have to just use source :-)
hope this helps
p.s thanks v.much for the t.screen fund.. I'm still a bit overwhelmed with it all..
The first one you mentioned is definately right, as I had changed that earlier in the day.
I reinstalled flash prior to re-installing roadrunner to try and fix the clock so it is the newest one from adobe's site (I believe that is 9)... BUT I did put the roadrunner file that came with it in the roadrunner directory and overwrote the old one. Like I said I was using it, and it was working just fine, but it kinda froze and after I forced it to close and booted up it just kinda freaked out!... No idea, but it works now =)
As for the last part I use a portable little hand mouse in my car sometimes, so it would matter then but either way it just happened and thought I would say something. Normally I just use the TS.
Another great job....
Just one 2 thinks i have notice......
1 as it was in Mc2 and Freedom 2.1 skin is unable to read Non Unicode sets in tittle bar (greek id2 tags dosent show).i think it can be solved easy with a character change in flash and it would be nice for non US users
2. I dont know if this is possible on Fu but it would be nice to have a Wi-Fi indication as we use to have in Freedom 2 its really helpfull to know if you re connected or not .
3. I havent manage to find a way to setup the clock compass indications as i was unable to find where to setup listen ports for them ......
but i guess as it is a very alpha releace this will be added later
Once more a flawless job from you mate keep up the great work and cheers from greece
Radio = 100%
Moving Instalation from Old car to new one
2. I still need to add this yet.. would only take 10 mins
3. OK, depending what gps software you use depends how you set this up. If your software can talk to RR like freedrive or mapmonkey then you need to set these programs up right.. If not, you have two choices.. (i) buy another gps unit (ii) buy a com port splitter (software) .. If you open up rrconfig you can congifure the gps unit in there (com port).. what a gps splitter does is this..
First you start up the gps splitter software and point this at your gps port, you then can create as many virtual com ports as you wish, then you point your gps / RR / Tracking software at these com ports you create.
hope this helps..