TO ALL SKINNERS (read this)
Iīm putting together a list of all (well...as many as possible) skins that are available for Road Runner that I will sort and classify to put on an upcoming webpage about skins on the CARPCNET.com website.
So it would be a great help from you skinners to use this thread to list your (working... and only the somehow finished and working ones) skins and, very important, what features they have.
for instance :
- flash based / non flash based
- you have a GPS.skin... for what GPS software is it configured ? If you have several for different software, list them.
-also, if possible, and I know this might be a pain, list the plugins, software, addons that you need to make some parts of your skin work if necessary.
-you have a phone.skin... is it configured for, FreeFone, RRMobile PhoCo...
-If you made a .skin that doesnīt work but is there, mention it. (for example the european skinner canīt test their Sirius or XM.skin)
- anything that you can think of. The more details you give the more complete this project is gonna be
Also, if itīs ok with you, give the link from where the skin can be downloaded.
Tell me if itīs ok with you to link the download from the skin page to your download link or if you prefer that we host the files on the carpcnet server.
You can also download this XL doc, fill it out and send it back to me.
Thanks in advance.
DigitalFX Skin Non-Flash Based
* Media Copy Skin to allow you to easily copy Music, Video and Photo's from a thumb drive or other external device.
* System Statistics to show CPU Load, CPU HD & Case temperatures, fan speeds and more. (Uses Speed Fan as Mother Board Monitor is no longer being supported by the author)
* Settings Skin to allow many items in the skin to be customized from within the skin to include how the main menu is displayed, and choosing the logo that matches your vehicle
* Reverse Camera Skin to use a web cam or other video camera to display the image in the skin
* iGuidance Native Support with Wide screen, Tall screen, Full Screen with a translucent button overlayed to return to the standard view, and optionally music info at the top of the screen.
* iGuidance "Pop-Up Menu" that allows FULL control of all features of iGuidance 3.0 UMPC with custom written scripts to do so. (One click to closest Gast Station, ATM, Fast food ect)
* Skinned iGuidance QWERTY Keyboard LostReception created a QWERTY Keyboard to replace the alphabetical one in iGuidance 3.0! You can download the plugin from THIS THREAD Once you install it, you can replace the default images with the ones in the following . IGQwertyBlueDevilSkins.zip Just place the 2 Bmp's in the above zip in the SAME folder with the IGQwerty executable, and it will use the new images instead of the built in default ones.
* Destinator using "FreeDrive" written by CDRSkull
* Streets & Trips
* GPS Status screen. This uses Flash Gauges (included) to display gauges for speedometer, compass & Satellites Acquired. lots of other info also from RR Labels
* XM Satellite Radio
* Sirius Satellite Radio
* AM/FM Radio (Currently using Evolution's Radio Shark code now built into the latest version or Road Runner)
* GPS Gas Price FinderSkin & Files
* Auto Function Lock to prevent any screen(s) of your choice from being accessible while the vehicle is in motion (As it is illegal in just about all states to have video in view of the driver)
* PHOCO With Dialing, SMS Messaging ect
* Photo viewer (Using Image Viewer a FANTASTIC little program created by gabepage. This program is small & fast and has many features! It embeds perfectly with no borders, and has zooming capabilities as well as a slide show feature. When an image is zoomed, it allows you to move the picture around the screen by dragging on it with either your finger or a mouse.
* Skin Loader & Gamma Control
* Screen Lock using a Pin Number to unlock the screen
* JTT (Jump To track) Plugin to quickly search for files as you type
* Power Screen (Restart, Hibernate, Standby, Power Off, yadda yadda yadda..)
* Web Browser
* Applications (Launch)
* Games Skin, (8 Touchscreen Friendly Games are included with the skin)
* Video Player
* CD Ripping
* Weather (With current & 5 day forecast. I also wrote a program to automatically download maps for Radar, Satellite and Temperature maps. (Satellite and Radar maps are animated) Plus dynamically added favorite cities customizable on the skin itself.
* Equalizer / Mixer
* On Screen Keyboard
* On Screen Number Keypad
* Advance Play list controls to append songs, replace, delete play lists and many other features
* Valentine 1 Skin support for the Valentine 1 Radar Detector Computer software interface (Not linked, but included in the Skin Folder)
* Scanner Skin for the Arc15 Pro Scanner software (Not Linked, but included in the Skin Folder)
* - Audio/MP3 Screens
* Audio browser screen, (With buttons to jump alphabetically through the list) I have over 900 CD's ripped to the drive, and scrolling is NOT an option!
* Standard" Play list screen With Buttons to load advanced Load & Save Play list screens
* Full Screen Music Player Minus the play list/browser lists, and with all pertinent song information, Play controls, with Album Art display, and large Visualization. This will be a nice screen to leave on while the music is playing. This is just an additional screen that is not NEEDED, but simply to implement some eye candy. All 3 screens are cross linked. GPS can also replace the "Visualization area" of the skin to have your GPS application embedded into the Audio Player screen.
Download is available at johnwpb.com
All Plugins and external DLL's, scripts, OCX's (GPS Gas, JTT, Screen Lock) are installed automatically and registered with the skin.