Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: How to change button label

  1. #1
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    126

    How to change button label

    Is it possible to change the function of a button on a skin. All I basically want to do is change either the lock or reboot button on a skin to standby. Any suggestions.

    Thank in advance

  2. #2
    FLAC
    Auto Apps:loading...
    EL CAMINO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    upland california us
    Posts
    1,282
    there is a tool called skin editor, !please make a search and you will find it.use this to tweak the skin.

  3. #3
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by EL CAMINO View Post
    there is a tool called skin editor, !please make a search and you will find it.use this to tweak the skin.

    Thanks for fast response. But I cant find the option to change a button to standby anywhere. Is that option even available in the skin editor?

  4. #4
    FLAC
    Auto Apps:loading...
    EL CAMINO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    upland california us
    Posts
    1,282
    come on man, is an editing tool, of course it has it, thats what skinners use to produce skins. if you need more help, give more info about which skin we're talking, there's a lot of difference's from one skin to another. what you need is something very basic. with the skin editor you can do this in less than min.

  5. #5
    Raw Wave treetop777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    War-Town, GA.
    Posts
    2,212
    It's easy but not that easy

    Open the skin in skineditor; double click the button you want to change; click on the browse (.....) for the command box; highlight the command; click done, quit, save.

    Then when you get some time read the "how to skin" tutorial. There's a lot to learn. This is your freebe.

    OOPs, El Camino beat me.

  6. #6
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by treetop777 View Post
    It's easy but not that easy

    Open the skin in skineditor; double click the button you want to change; click on the browse (.....) for the command box; highlight the command; click done, quit, save.

    Then when you get some time read the "how to skin" tutorial. There's a lot to learn.

    OOPs, El Camino beat me.
    Ive done this already. At the point where I need to assign a command to the particular button, there is no option at all to choose "standby". Ive gone through the entire list and standby cannot be found. Guys, i'm just asking a simple question.

    BTW, its for the CrystalBlue skin.

  7. #7
    Raw Wave treetop777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    War-Town, GA.
    Posts
    2,212
    Quote Originally Posted by lexdiamond20 View Post
    Ive done this already. At the point where I need to assign a command to the particular button, there is no option at all to choose "standby". Ive gone through the entire list and standby cannot be found. Guys, i'm just asking a simple question.

    BTW, its for the CrystalBlue skin.
    See it..

  8. #8
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    126
    See attached. There is no option for standby. What version are you using?
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #9
    Raw Wave treetop777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    War-Town, GA.
    Posts
    2,212
    I see!

    Look at the version on my screenshot..

    You can also just type it in the command box like "standby" and it will work..

Similar Threads

  1. Chuck's Skins lots of pics Update 7-16-07
    By Chuck in forum RR Released Skins
    Replies: 297
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 07:22 PM
  2. label appears when button pressed? possible?
    By tja in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 04:29 AM
  3. New Skin (partially complete)
    By a-ten in forum Freeway
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-04-2006, 07:06 AM
  4. M7NCG 400 7.2 Won't Allow Me To Change Power Button Behavior
    By msjonker in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-16-2006, 05:59 PM
  5. Is there a way to change skins with a button?
    By wysocki in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 08:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •