Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 117

Thread: mAv1c - Ver. 1.06 Release 07/19/08 - less than 3.5MB total

  1. #91
    Wants to make it harder monkeyracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lakehood, CO
    Posts
    1,463
    feedback on the changes? (I definitely appreciate feedback, and thanks blk02si and treetop777 for that so far.)
    2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
    Car PC Progress:
    Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
    Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
    Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
    RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
    View my
    Worklog
    Road Runner Skins
    Website
    Favorite thread EVER!

  2. #92
    Raw Wave treetop777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    War-Town, GA.
    Posts
    2,233
    Downloading now..

  3. #93
    Raw Wave treetop777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    War-Town, GA.
    Posts
    2,233
    Oh yeah, she's working. All the font symbols are showing.

    The weather screens are beautiful. (did i see the liquid in the thermometer rise and fall?)

    One thing, when i cycled through all the weather screens by hitting the "weather" button, it then turned into a "GPS" button; if you press it (the gps button) it launches the gps but without the overlay - then you have no way out except end-task.

    I'll take her out for a ride in the truck and see what happens..

    Thanks again for another update, it's just getting better and better.

  4. #94
    Wants to make it harder monkeyracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lakehood, CO
    Posts
    1,463
    Oh, yah, I forgot about the button in that screen. I used to have the weather only accessed through the GPS screen, then I added the button in the main menu, and now with the way i have it set up, it just loads the "GPS" command, which doesn't also load the overlay. To fix this (for now...) just add "||GPS_OVERLAY" to the end of that button.

    Also, with the new Strings plugin, I will probably remove the two extra scripts I have.

    Yes, on today's weather, the thermometer next to the current temp will evaluate every 5 seconds and show the current temperature from a range of 0-120 degrees, It has to wait for the .xml to parse, then on the next 5 second interval it will update. I hope that with the new strings plugin though it will update automatically without having a timer to do it.

    Also, I noticed I have this unnecessary line in the exectbl.ini:

    Code:
    "ONSONGSTART","RUN;$skinpath$extalbumart.exe"
    And it refers to a plugin that is not used in this skin, so it will be deleted in the 1.051 update. (but can be easily deleted by anyone...)
    2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
    Car PC Progress:
    Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
    Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
    Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
    RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
    View my
    Worklog
    Road Runner Skins
    Website
    Favorite thread EVER!

  5. #95
    Wants to make it harder monkeyracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lakehood, CO
    Posts
    1,463
    uploaded version 1.051.

    blko2si - can you test out the radio skins, and let me know how they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by blk02si View Post
    The only problem I had is it locked up when I went hit the background button. Probably just need to define a path in RR.ini but I just modified the skin.ini with a direct path to the background I wanted to use.
    This still uses the old way through the picviewer to change the backgrounds, so make sure you have this in the rr.ini:

    Code:
    picspath=
    set to your backgrounds folder. (I'll probably change this in a future release to what everyone else is doing now.)

    Any other suggestions?
    2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
    Car PC Progress:
    Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
    Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
    Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
    RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
    View my
    Worklog
    Road Runner Skins
    Website
    Favorite thread EVER!

  6. #96
    Wants to make it harder monkeyracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lakehood, CO
    Posts
    1,463
    added screenshots of the radio screens on first post, if someone has a screen shot of it actually working, I would appreciate it.
    2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
    Car PC Progress:
    Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
    Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
    Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
    RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
    View my
    Worklog
    Road Runner Skins
    Website
    Favorite thread EVER!

  7. #97
    High Voltage blk02si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Motorcity
    Posts
    2,265
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
    uploaded version 1.051.

    blko2si - can you test out the radio skins, and let me know how they are.

    Any other suggestions?

    I will add this to my Sunday list of things to do, since I will need to go on the carPC to test the HD radio. That was a quick update! I agree this skin just keeps getting better and better. I will contribute feedback and suggestions after I get the newest version up and running.

    Thx monkeyracer
    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

    AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

  8. #98
    Wants to make it harder monkeyracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lakehood, CO
    Posts
    1,463
    Quote Originally Posted by blk02si View Post
    That was a quick update!
    Well, I didn't plan for it to be this quick. I actually picked up a stomach bug and was home all day for three days, so I had a little more time to work on this than I thought I might.

    I'd also like to see how the new front labels are working too, and if I am missing something I should have put or have something I don't need.
    Also, I think I might make the VISU button into the radio button since there is a visu button on the album art.

    It's kind of hard developing features for a skin if you don't use those features yourself. That's why I really appreciate the feedback from the people that use it. This thread has over 7000 views, and countless downloads (hard to track if a download is a new user, or someone d/ling an update.) But there isn't as much feedback as I'd have hoped for. I think part of it is because it just works (for the vast majority) and there isn't really any major bug.
    2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
    Car PC Progress:
    Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
    Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
    Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
    RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
    View my
    Worklog
    Road Runner Skins
    Website
    Favorite thread EVER!

  9. #99
    High Voltage blk02si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Motorcity
    Posts
    2,265
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ok well the install went good, had to eliminate the flash in the main menu since I don't use flash on the carPC but other than that everything seemed to work right off the bat. The HD menu is somewhat "beta" as not all the functions are working correctly, some labels overlap, and there is no numosk.skin. Not bad at all however for not having the hardware to test with! Kinda "coding blind" on that one. If I get some free time I'll update the HD menu some since I have the tuner

    Other thing I noticed, and the same thing happens with Carwings, is the GPS overlay does not resize with RR. I run 800 x 600 on my via so the menu was a bit smaller than on my desktop but it still works great. The overlay menu is a tad slow but I like how it works because you can tap say the volume ^ 4 times really fast, then it will slowly execute 4 vol ^ button clicks. The overlay feels very "OEM" in terms of how it responds to input.

    Also, I am missing some of the font's you used in the skin, so any specific fonts you have used, it's probably a good idea to include them in your release. I installed the 2 included but there is still a font specified in the code that I don't have. I don't remember exactly what font it is off hand (bank gothic maybe?) but I know the carPC did not have it resulting in the skin defaulting to comic sans and the iList was an ugly dot matrix font. My desktop has the font so it displays correctly however.

    All in all a good solid release, just a bit of tweaking and it was running stable and fast.

    Since you put the work into a skin you can't use I felt I shoudl at least post a pic of your code running the HD tuner Captured with my blackjack.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

    AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

  10. #100
    Wants to make it harder monkeyracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lakehood, CO
    Posts
    1,463
    Quote Originally Posted by blk02si View Post
    Ok well the install went good, had to eliminate the flash in the main menu since I don't use flash on the carPC but other than that everything seemed to work right off the bat.
    I think I just realized that even though it's hidden, the flash is still there and can slow some systems, but other than removing the FXX codes from the skin, not sure how to easily toggle that...

    Quote Originally Posted by blk02si View Post
    The HD menu is somewhat "beta" as not all the functions are working correctly, some labels overlap, and there is no numosk.skin. Not bad at all however for not having the hardware to test with! Kinda "coding blind" on that one. If I get some free time I'll update the HD menu some since I have the tuner
    Definitely blind on that one, same with the xm and sirius stuff. I just copied what val did with tek2. I think the ilist on the left needs to be a few font sizes larger, and the overlapping label on the right can be moved somewhere else. Didn't know it needed a numosk, so I will get one going for the next release. Did you notice the HD radio symbol is the same font color as the rest of the skin when it is active and grey (like in my screenshots) when it is inactive?

    Quote Originally Posted by blk02si View Post
    Other thing I noticed, and the same thing happens with Carwings, is the GPS overlay does not resize with RR. I run 800 x 600 on my via so the menu was a bit smaller than on my desktop but it still works great. The overlay menu is a tad slow but I like how it works because you can tap say the volume ^ 4 times really fast, then it will slowly execute 4 vol ^ button clicks. The overlay feels very "OEM" in terms of how it responds to input.
    Definitely a little more work to be done with the OVERLAY plugin, that's why the main and exit menus aren't overlays, there is dynamic labels that don't work with the plugin. As soon as that is better worked out, then I will make those into overlays (I thought that doing those menus first when I saw the plugin the first time.) If he opened the source maybe we could have a few people work on it or at least sections of it to get the overlay working perfectly.

    Quote Originally Posted by blk02si View Post
    Also, I am missing some of the font's you used in the skin, so any specific fonts you have used, it's probably a good idea to include them in your release. I installed the 2 included but there is still a font specified in the code that I don't have. I don't remember exactly what font it is off hand (bank gothic maybe?) but I know the carPC did not have it resulting in the skin defaulting to comic sans and the iList was an ugly dot matrix font. My desktop has the font so it displays correctly however.

    All in all a good solid release, just a bit of tweaking and it was running stable and fast.

    Since you put the work into a skin you can't use I felt I shoudl at least post a pic of your code running the HD tuner Captured with my blackjack.
    Thanks for the pics, it helps a lot. The font that is missing is Bank Gothic Md (bgothm.ttf) not sure why it wasn't included, it should have been there all the way back to the first release (it's also included in the hAv1cplus download, so not sure why it's missing.) Either way, i've attached the font, change the extension and install into your font's folder of course.

    I'm still trying to get the new rrstrings plugin working correctly, but I'm having such a hard time with them right now. As soon as I get a handle for them, I will probably have a light update.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
    Car PC Progress:
    Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
    Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
    Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
    RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
    View my
    Worklog
    Road Runner Skins
    Website
    Favorite thread EVER!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •