Just got around to testing out this skin and I am very impressed! Excellent work monkey racer, love the layout, love the design, was able to figure it out quickly, all in all I like the fresh look.
The 10 second menu transitions are nice and appropriate. The elcomenu overlay for IG is sweet!!
Great job, keep it up. I am going to install this one on my production carPC :)
*Needs HD radio :)*
Since I don't have an HD radio in my set-up I didn't include it. I will though, if you prefer. I'll look into a few skins with that to see what I come up with. There's already a support character in the font for it (lower case q) so if you would like to show if it has signal, then you can use:
Or something like that.
There's a new release coming soon, not sure when, but a few more little things I thought would be good to throw in.
The 10 second trasition came from me wanting to simplify things. If I wanted to go to the GPS screen, naturally I'd want to view it full screen pretty quick. Same thing with the Main Menu and Exit Menu. If I haven't made a decision in that amount of time, then I'm distracted with something else, and shouldn't be trying to focus on the menu that is up.
ANY criticism at all? (other than HD radio?)
The only problem I had is it locked up when I went hit the background button. Probably just need to define a path in RR.ini but I just modified the skin.ini with a direct path to the background I wanted to use.
My only other suggestions are to use elco's menu on the main and exit menu so that the background is not rescaled smaller in these pop-up menus.
HD radio is not too hard to add, you can dig into my skins to see the code in action.
the background chooser has a flash overlay, that might have caused the lock up. It works fine on my test laptop. I was using the ELCO's overlay for the main and exit menus, but since the font isn't the right size, and won't recognize the variable color I have set, so it didn't work too well.
For the background chooser, try adding this to the button to hide the flash:
"SKIN||SHOWFLASH;1;FALSE" and see if that helps.
I took the truck out for a long ride (100+ mi.) with MAV1C running things. I found the automatic switch to FS IG to be to short; i was never able to complete anything i wanted to do like enter a destination before it would switch.
I did increase the timer and then it worked perfect (for me); but i think i'm going to try to figure-out how to switch it manually; i'm kind-a stumped right now since the FS screen has the overlay - i'm not sure how to call it up with a button command.
Also, on the main screen, i'm going to modify it to display information other than the track info since it's already on the bottom; something like city and zip code, CPU load and stuff like that.
Other than that, she worked perfect.
there's a button on the first gps screen that you can press to get it full screen without having to wait.
right side, third button down. I was trying to go through the menus and enter destinations but waiting the time for it to switch, and when it switched, it didn't really affect what I was trying to type in. Not sure what you mean with this. How long did you set the timer for?
I always thought the info on the main screen was a little redundant, so, I can maybe add a switch somewhere to change the info from being the track info to computer info.
Yeah, you probably cheated! LOL by entering an address you're familiar with.
Originally Posted by monkeyracer
From that screen try to enter this address:
1501 Butler Ave.
Let me know what happens :lol:
Come to think of it, MAV1C may not even need that "windowed" screen anymore!
Same thing I was thinking. The overlay does everything the windowed menu does with the exception of the song title.
Originally Posted by treetop777
elco's menu is so perfect for GPS integration.
Ya, I think that's why I had the time interval so short, I think I might just make it go straight to the FS IG, and then leave the windowed screen as an option to view track details... Now that the new beta is up for RR, there will be a new update soon for sure.
Updated to version 1.05, also updated some screen shots, and the info on the first post.
Can someone please try out the new labels, and see if they work or not.