moahdib's new setup!
Just a simple site to host my latest creation. I plan to add more stuff later with more technical info, pics of my setup etc...
Took me a while to create that flash demo ... capturing dual screen and making sure they synch is not easy.
let me know what you guys think.
lookin good! fyi though ur webpage has title.
What system specs you need to have to run it smoothly?
its in my signature.
dell laptop D520, core2duo 2ghz, 2gig ram. CPU usage is usually around 40-50% normally. It was higher for that movie bc of the screen video and audio capturing.
By far the biggest CPU hog is coverflow which is always loaded and running on the main media skin.
I wrote several standalone .net C# window wrappers for embedding the winamp video, winamp karaoke, and the gps window. Depending on what type of media its playing, the apps move themselves. The winamp video and karaoke window wrapper programs move themselves to different positions on a single click.
My goal was to have a single media skin, that has audio, video, and karaoke all played through winamp and have mixed playlists.
And before i'm asked the question of "when im gonna release it", I am still thinking about it as it is always a WIP... and mostly tailored for my setup with dual LCD's.
1. how did u get the gps and media screens open at the same time?
2. can u use booth at the same time?
3. does the audio feed out of booth?
4. do u have two instances of roadrunner open?
5. is it all run off the one carPC?
I have to say this is one of the coolest installs yet...
Thanks for sharing..
Very nice work!! I wonder if this would work in a tallskin??
Holy $$$$$$ that's nice .......
Man you should release it, but how many of our carpc has the horse power to run that. ;)
1. I don't use external or internal video player. It uses winamp video and I just have an app which embeds it and I'm able to move it by clicking on the video.
Originally Posted by AaronG85
The gps window is also embedded on a window wrapper program. Runs it at full screen and it moves itself depending on what screen I am on. If i am on GPS skin it will move itself to top screen, otherwise its always at the bottom one.
2. yeah if you see the video carefully they are both always running when I am playing a video. They are both independent of each other
3- I dont know what u mean by that...
4- one road runner instance and winamp of course.
5- yes one beefy carpc.
Simulated HU at the top look a lot better than the Alpine.