TEKNIK3 - Concept Skin
Thread Closed ... skin is no longer being supported. The TEK3 skin is located here ...http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-s...nik-t-3-a.html
Here is a skin that I've been working on for a little while. It is inspired by mAv1c by monkeyracer and one of the design goals was to see how small could the skin be in size but still have useful functionality. Support for the skin will NOT be a high priority, this is really a hobby skin - so bear that in mind if using it.
Unzipped this skin is just 2.02 Meg, but within that small size it has the following features ...
- Audio Player
- Audio Browser
- Playlist Manager
- Video Player
- Video Browser
- External GPS (FullScreen)
- Transparent Overlay on GPS
- Picture Viewer
- Current Weather
- Visualisation Support
- Custom Song Ratings
- Mixer Screen
- Changable Backgrounds
- Changable Logo's
- Customisable Skin Transparency (0% - 100%)
- Font Colour changer (3 seperate colours)
- Mainmenu Button Changer
- Switchable iList Support
- Custom RR Screen Lock
- Skin Selector
- Day / Night Gamma
- System Defaults Option
- Text Label Shadows
- Action Confirmation Popup's
- Selectable Menu Image (Album Art or Car Logo)
- Dynamic GPS indicator and select button.
*** Important notes on setting up this skin ***
- Extract to TEKNIK3 folder in your skins path.
- Install the "WingDings 3" font by copying the "WINGDNG3.TTF" file from the support folder to "c:\windows\fonts" folder.
- If no background image is visible press and hold anywhere on the top part of the main menu to set the default system colours.
- Hidden buttons : only the PLAY and VOL buttons have "hold" functionality ... which are STOP and MUTE respectively. Added "hold-to-lock" button to screen name box at bottom of screens.
- Main menu buttons : press and hold any of the top 4 (left / right) buttons to change it's functionality.
- Background imager selector uses the "picspath" setting, so make sure this points to your background images.
- The built in imageviewer program defaults to look at "C:\". This can be changed in the "imageviewer_config.ini" file.
- Screen lock is not effective on systems with a keyboard ... most car setup's use touchscreen so it should be ok. Default Code is 1234.
- Only 2 logo's are included in the download ... just as a demo. Download your own logo's for use with the skin.
Enjoy, and let me know what your thoughts are on this concept skin ...
Looks good. D/Ling now...
- If no background image is visible press anywhere on the top part of the main menu to set the default system colours.
Should be a press and hold to prevent accidental defaulting... For mavic, I changed the default background to a hex value for the download package so that there's no dependency on having a certain background. Maybe when it's uploaded, make sure the default is picked.
I know how to fix it, but for the newbs or code-challenged, it would be frustrating.
Lastly, is there a way to just have the album art show where the logo is (as in be able to select it from the logo list) I don't use logos, I know what car I'm driving, and so does anyone in my car, so I'd rather see the album art there instead. (Again, I know how to fix this, but for the newbs out there)
thanks for the suggestions monkeyracer ... issues fixed - hopefully, new RAR file uploaded.
its alive lol..... nice work val
Originally Posted by Valheru
really nice work val, i still enjoy tek2, now i have another toy to play with, thanks for sharing your work again.
thanks guys .. do let me know of any bugs or suggestions that may improve the skin ...
Ya'll never stop pushing the boundaries do you!? Selectable transparency that works! AMAZING!
Iguidance starts seamless with the overlay but it has the menu bar on the top - was that the intention or is there something wrong?