Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 99

Thread: Sonique Elite- My LAST RR skin!!!

  1. #11
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    295
    Looking good! I too can't wait for Suavecito's ELite... that is one of the best I've seen yet.

    This is a nice interpretation of that. My only thought is that the icons with the color changable background... are hard to read/see. While everything else can change, you might want to work with a higher contrast of color on the icons themselves and make that fixed (the color scheme for icons) no matter the color for pick for the rest....

    Hope to see this out soon...


    BTW... your last skin I've seen... Sonique Evolution... it was running a bit slow for meon a Celeron (Intel Little Valley) with 1GB of ram and OS has some services and such stopped. Performance take a little bit of will and work

  2. #12
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,169
    Blog Entries
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbickham View Post
    Looking good! I too can't wait for Suavecito's ELite... that is one of the best I've seen yet.

    This is a nice interpretation of that. My only thought is that the icons with the color changable background... are hard to read/see. While everything else can change, you might want to work with a higher contrast of color on the icons themselves and make that fixed (the color scheme for icons) no matter the color for pick for the rest....

    Hope to see this out soon...


    BTW... your last skin I've seen... Sonique Evolution... it was running a bit slow for meon a Celeron (Intel Little Valley) with 1GB of ram and OS has some services and such stopped. Performance take a little bit of will and work
    icons are 100% changable... create a 75x75 .png and you can make your own. As for the speed, i'm running this on the little valley and it only slows during initial load with full blown xp. I get its all relative
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  3. #13
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    295
    Sweet! Looking forward to your beta release!


    OH.. I was just looking at the iGuidance screen... you might want to trim up the top and bottom bars... the map screen is kinda tiny with all of that going on... not to nitpick or anything... just thought that the more map you can show... the better.

  4. #14
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,169
    Blog Entries
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbickham View Post
    Sweet! Looking forward to your beta release!


    OH.. I was just looking at the iGuidance screen... you might want to trim up the top and bottom bars... the map screen is kinda tiny with all of that going on... not to nitpick or anything... just thought that the more map you can show... the better.
    that iguidance screen is one of two technically. Once you've set your destination you can opt to use full screen mode which takes away everything but the top bar.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  5. #15
    Variable Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    suavecito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbickham View Post
    Sweet! Looking forward to your beta release!


    OH.. I was just looking at the iGuidance screen... you might want to trim up the top and bottom bars... the map screen is kinda tiny with all of that going on... not to nitpick or anything... just thought that the more map you can show... the better.
    Sonic, I agree with Jmbickham about the iGuidance screen. It is too small. I ran to the same problem on many of my screens so I changed them up.
    On the iGuidance screen I made the screen narrower but taller. I am using iGuidance.exe instead of iGuidanceUMPC.exe with a theme to increase the road text and road lines.

    Below is my iGuidance screen:


    Overall the skin looks great. I also made all the icons on my skin changeable, but mine is not flash.
    I am still working on finishing mine. I still find myself tuning it.
    Hope to try your version of eLite, Sonique Elite.

  6. #16
    FLAC greatwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Top o' the world Ma!
    Posts
    1,282
    X2 on making the GPS screen bigger............

    Maybe leave the audio conrols on the bottom inthier standard loactions and dropping the top bar might be a better option than going full screen and back every time you want to adjust the music?

    Or am I not understanding how you have it set up?

    Looks good otherwise..........
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

  7. #17
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    392
    Im just curious, when you say this is your last RR skin, are you moving onto another frontend? Hate to see such talent leave these parts

  8. #18
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,169
    Blog Entries
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    X2 on making the GPS screen bigger............

    Maybe leave the audio conrols on the bottom inthier standard loactions and dropping the top bar might be a better option than going full screen and back every time you want to adjust the music?

    Or am I not understanding how you have it set up?

    Looks good otherwise..........
    i never meant for that screen to be the permanent gps screen guys, this is only where you set where your going. Last night i worked on an autoitscript that will check to see when a destination has been set then auto-switch you to the larger gps view shown below.



    it detects a change in wav vol and then checks the pixel color of the guidance bar so tis pretty full proof. Once detected the script closes itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ces///M3 View Post
    Im just curious, when you say this is your last RR skin, are you moving onto another frontend? Hate to see such talent leave these parts
    In all honesty... i'm really questioning where RR is going now. Suffice to say i've heard some bad news whether they be rumors or not. I'd be lying if i said i havent tried and liked CF... its really made great strides whereas RR is in somewhat of a long standstill as of late. That being said, i've invested WAY too much time to give up on RR and its community. I still plan on creating and supporting many other useful plugins and i feel i'm at the point with this skin now that i dont need to worry about skinning anymore. Its by far my most complete feature-rich skin yet... and i owe alot of that to Suavecito.. i saw his skin and got re-motivated. So as long as there's an RR left i'm here to support it.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  9. #19
    FLAC Machinehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    hijacks small portable city
    Posts
    1,381
    Sonic's PM box is about to be slammed in 3.....2......1......

  10. #20
    The Curator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Blue ZX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago area,IL
    Posts
    5,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
    In all honesty... i'm really questioning where RR is going now. Suffice to say i've heard some bad news whether they be rumors or not. I'd be lying if i said i havent tried and liked CF... its really made great strides whereas RR is in somewhat of a long standstill as of late. That being said, i've invested WAY too much time to give up on RR and its community. I still plan on creating and supporting many other useful plugins and i feel i'm at the point with this skin now that i dont need to worry about skinning anymore. Its by far my most complete feature-rich skin yet... and i owe alot of that to Suavecito.. i saw his skin and got re-motivated. So as long as there's an RR left i'm here to support it.
    I'm in the same boat, minus the skinning part. Heard of such things and whether true or not, just have too much knowledge, time put in, that and the fact that nothing is as flexible as RR is, would even think of going elsewhere!

    Last two things...#1 Nice looking skin and #2 is....uh where is the media screens at..
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

    Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

    DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

    My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

    "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 03:03 AM
  2. Skin causes RR to minimise?
    By jonessc in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 12:25 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 02:22 AM
  4. status update....
    By 0l33l in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 01:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •