Updated Garmin OSK Popup for DFX5.1
This is for all users of GarminMobilePC using the DFX5x skin. The unmodded DFX5.1 has a couple of issues with Garmin that are easy to fix. The first is that the Garmin button does not execute the program. And the second, is the OSK blanks out the Garmin Screen and you can't see what you are typing. I made some modifications to correct both those issues. This will involve modifying some key files in your DFX skin directory so proceed with caution. The directions below includes making backups of those key files:
1) Create backups of your Skin.ini, Garmin_GPS.skin, and OSK_Garmin.skin files
2) Open the Skin.ini file and edit the line: MenuExec_48=LOAD;Garmin_GPS.skin;!CDP_FIELD_WND;C: \Program Files\GarminMobilePC\Que.exe;!CDP_FIELD_WND
to read include the path of the Que.exe file. In my case I changed the line to read:
3) Save Skin.ini and exit
4) Open the Garmin_GPS.skin and edit the line: B09,102,528,100,71,"Menu;OSK_Garmin.skin||RunQ;$SK INPATH$Scripts\GarminOSK\GarminSendKey.exe",""
B09,102,528,100,71,"RUN;$SKINPATH$Scripts\Overlay. exe|OSK_Garmin.skin||RunQ;$SKINPATH$Scripts\Garmin OSK\GarminSendKey.exe",""
5) Save Garmin_GPS.skin and exit
6) Open the OSK_Garmin.skin file and edit the lines
OSK_Garmin_Off.png, OSK_Garmin_Off.png, OSK_Garmin_Off.png, OSK_Garmin_Off.png
OSK_Garmin_Off2.png, OSK_Garmin_Off2.png, OSK_Garmin_Off2.png, OSK_Garmin_Off2.png
7) Optionally, you can remove all labels within the skin (i.e. L,XX,XX,XX). They will not be displayed when the OSK overlay is shown.
8) Save OSK_Garmin.skin and exit
9) Now copy the attached OSK_Garmin_Off2.png to the DFX skin directory.
10) Start up RR. If you already have a button assigned to Garmin, temporarily assign it to another application (i.e. Browser) then reassign to Garmin.
11) This should complete the mod.
I've included the png and skin files. You may extract these files to your DFX skin direcotry and skip steps 4 thru 9. You MUST perform step 10 if the Garmin button is already assigned.