Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: COVERART behind an iList Box...possible ?....COMMENT and LYRICS output

  1. #1
    Variable Bitrate GF-ler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    341

    COVERART behind an iList Box...possible ?....COMMENT and LYRICS output

    for completing my skin, i want to build two new things inside.

    1. i want to show the COVERART picture behind the iList box.
    a first look in the documention shows me....normaly its not possible in RR.
    so i try to go the way through Swish Flash.
    an example i see in the FSR skin..but its no iList with all the new information i can show now in RR.

    so i ask the coder of RR, is there another way i didnt know ?


    2. more information out of an MP3 file.
    a lot of information RR can show whats written in the ID3 tag of an audio file.
    what iam missing are the COMMENT and the LYRICS.
    so i try it in SWISH Flash. and it didnt works, reason is the information only would read in, if the audio file started.
    so my question is, is it possible to read COMMENT and LYRICS just in time when the COVERART would be readit ?
    also written inside the MediaArt dll ?
    by the way, LYRICS is a text box i can write in every ID3 tag, not automaticly the info (out of an URL) what the composer wrote.

    regards

  2. #2
    Variable Bitrate GF-ler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    341
    its now 1 month ago i ask for changes inside the mp3art.dll.

    many many thanks for all your answers and help.

  3. #3
    Variable Bitrate sargeants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    232
    I too would be interested in giving this layout a try - if it's possible.
    My only problem with it is being able to read what's in the list, depending on the album being showed.
    03 Hyundai Elantra GT {Worklog}
    HP TC4400; 250GB SATA, WiFi, BT, 12.1" touch
    RideRunner; w/ mobilephone.net, OBDMPG, mediaart, RRMedia, DFXVoice and more...
    cmdRR tall skin creator

    86 Pontiac Fiero SE 2m6
    possible carpc install

  4. #4
    FLAC
    Auto Apps:loading...
    EL CAMINO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    upland california us
    Posts
    1,283
    Quote Originally Posted by sargeants View Post
    I too would be interested in giving this layout a try - if it's possible.
    My only problem with it is being able to read what's in the list, depending on the album being showed.
    using RR as it is now is not possible, but uisng flash it is, i still have plans in porting FlashBack(FreeICE skin) to RR.
    here's some screencaps.

    Name:  lyrics.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  140.9 KB

    Name:  art-list.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  146.4 KB

  5. #5
    Variable Bitrate GF-ler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    341
    thanks guys for your request.

    i know...if iam using win XP i can use ACTIVEWINAMP, but i use win7 and ACTIVEWINAMP didnt work with it.

    so i looked how i can readout all ID3 tag information under flash, and find a way...but it only works just in time the song started.
    and this is also the point where the COVERART.dll looked for the picture i can include a mp3 file.

    while iam angry is because i asked this in different posts/threads a long time ago and more than once.

    el camino...i will wait for your skin.

    regards

  6. #6
    FLAC
    Auto Apps:loading...
    EL CAMINO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    upland california us
    Posts
    1,283
    Quote Originally Posted by GF-ler View Post
    thanks guys for your request.

    i know...if iam using win XP i can use ACTIVEWINAMP, but i use win7 and ACTIVEWINAMP didnt work with it.

    so i looked how i can readout all ID3 tag information under flash, and find a way...but it only works just in time the song started.
    and this is also the point where the COVERART.dll looked for the picture i can include a mp3 file.

    while iam angry is because i asked this in different posts/threads a long time ago and more than once.

    el camino...i will wait for your skin.

    regards
    no need to be angry, options are there, you can do a simple pi that does what you need, i can even share my flash code so you can achieve what you are after.
    about activewinamp in W7, the installer is not registering the dll correctly, just get the dll and register with a bat file.

  7. #7
    FLAC Nomader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by EL CAMINO View Post
    no need to be angry, options are there, you can do a simple pi that does what you need, i can even share my flash code so you can achieve what you are after.
    about activewinamp in W7, the installer is not registering the dll correctly, just get the dll and register with a bat file.
    can you plz share your flash code!!!!?

Similar Threads

  1. Song Lyrics (revisited again)
    By JohnWPB in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 05:40 PM
  2. MP3 Lyrics support in SD?
    By bash1979 in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 01:07 PM
  3. Warning: Explicit lyrics
    By zPilott in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 12:12 PM
  4. Lyrics on a LCD, sorry i want em bad
    By dudah85 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-09-2001, 07:01 PM
  5. Lyrics on a LCD
    By dudah85 in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2001, 02:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •