Release: Proximo's CF style skins
As promised, here're the green, orange and red versions. Also the new CFX blue version has some bug fixes (mostly in the GPS skin) so re-download it if you want. Thanks liquid_smoke for the web host.
Blue at 800x600
CFX Blue 800x600
To make your own color, see post #60.
This contains the transparent OSK, Zorro's PicViewer and my batch files for a couple of small extra functionalities (mainly support for Audio CD). You can skip this if you don't care about those.
Please check for virus as I cannot guarantee anything.
PSD is here.
One thing though, the PSD has a lot of sets and layers so it will take you a while to figure out where things are. It kinda goes like this.
Frames = Main metallic frame (different ones for different skins)
Left Menu Bar = left menu bar
Dots background = Usually go with the selected Frame above
___ Buttons = The button bar on the bottom, usually the media buttons (some skins like TV, Phoco have extra buttons at other places)
___ Button Bar = The button bar on the side (PgUp, PgDown, Up, Down, etc.)
___ Windows = Main Window in the middle
___ Bottom Buttons = Buttons on the bottom right corner.
Blue ZX3 is also kind enough to host the complete set of PSDs. You can download them here.
Each PSD corresponds to a skin. Small note: on menu.psd, I changed the Radio icon to say "Misc" since I don't have Radio in my CarPC. The Radio icon is still there if you want to re-enable it.
Update: Just added the ability to sort playlist by Date Modified, Song Name, Randomized or Reverse (thanks Chuck for the code). Please download CFX.zip and CFX_tools.zip if you care for these.
1. Download and unzip CFX skin into C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\
Download and unzip CFX_tools into C:\Program Files\Road Runner\
You final directory structure should look like this.
C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\CFX\
C:\C:\Program Files\Road Runner\CFX_Tools\BATs\
C:\C:\Program Files\Road Runner\CFX_Tools\PicViewer.NET\
C:\C:\Program Files\Road Runner\CFX_Tools\UBoard\
2. Install the fonts inside C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\CFX\fonts\
You only need to install GEDRBI__.TTF for now but just do all 3 of them to be safe.
3. (Recommended) Copy the Winamp presets from CFX\mixer_presets\ to C:\Program Files\Road Runner\
4. (Optional) To use Dinasty's flash logo on the main menu, download yours from here.
Make sure you save it as clock.swf (inside my CFX folder).
(Read bottom of menu.skin for more details on how to replace the logo with your own or switch to RR logo. I use 2 menu skins so whatever you change in menu.skin, do the same in menu2.skin or you'll have two different looking menus.)
5. If you want to use the transparent OSK included in CFX_Tools, you need to install .Net Framework from microsoft. Download it here.
If you use PicViewer.Net, make sure to change the setting in C:\Program Files\Road Runner\CFX_Tools\PicViewer.NET\PicViewer.NET.Confi g.xml
6. (REQUIRED). Read ExecTBL.ini for instructions on how to change the values of a few parameters, particularly
"LOADCD","RUNQW;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\CFX_Tools\BATs\LoadCD.bat" "E||LOADLIST;C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.m3u;Audio CD||!BROWSE"
Edit this line so that it points to your CD drive (the "E||LOADLIST" part. Change it to D||LOADLIST if your CD Drive is D.)
Path to iGuidance:
If you use iGuidance, change the path to it in the following line. Otherwise, the FULLSCREEN button won't work.
"iGuidance_Fullscreen","LOAD;external_gps_full.ski n;RUN;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\SKINbedder_v2.99999\SKINbedder.exe;SKINbedd er"
I'm using Skinbedder. If you're not sure, open RR.INI and just copy and paste the values under "gpspath" and "gpsname" over. Replace "C:\Program Files\Road Runner\SKINbedder_v2.99999\SKINbedder.exe" with your gpspath and replace "SKINbedder" with your gpsname.
7. Open Audio_browser2.skin. Somewhere around line 78, change the path there to the path to your MUSIC folder. Otherwise, browsing by Album Art won't work.
Change "D:\" to your music folder, for eg., "E:\My Music\" etc.
I don't know why we have to do this. It should default to the Music folder set in RR.ini.
8. (Optional) These skins are customizable. Read the .skin files and parts that are marked with /****__**** for instructions.
menu.skin and menu2.skin: Blank logo, Dinasty's flash logo, RR logo, Toyota logo.
mixer.skin: Provide your own favorite Winamp presets.
radio_player.skin: Change one of the buttons to point to either XM or Sirius.
9. Note: There're a few buttons here and there that do nothing right now. They're there for future's upgrades. Most notably,
Sync button on bottom right of main menu.
Fullscreen button in Video player. It only hides the control but doesn't expand the video itself to Full screen. I need to check back with guino on this one.
Maximize button in Video Player. This is supposed to switch between Normal mode and Playlist mode (where you can see the video playlist AND the video at the same time). I'm waiting for guino's support on this one.
SUB button in Video player. I'll try and get it to work with Vobsub/fddshow to disable/enable subtitles. It probably won't be functional any time soon. It's only there to fill space.
10. The GPS speed unit (yellow text to the right of the song LCD) is not built-in so right now I set it to mph. I apologize to UK users. For now, you can do a global Find and Replace on all .skin files for "mph" and replace it with "kmh." I will probably provide an easier way for you to do this in Stage 2 (basically the speed unit will be an image file and all you do is replace the default one with another that says "km/h").
Also, just above the GPS speed is a heading indicator image. I provided the 8 files (W.jpg, NW.jpg, etc.) but I don't know if it works or not since I don't have a GPS unit. Try and let me know.
That's about it, I guess.
All credits go to proximo from the Centrafuse 's forum for the initial design. I simply took over and made a skin for RR. (did spend 2 months adding stuff though :) ).
Dinasty for a couple of Photoshop pointers and the Flash clock/logo that will be used in the skin.
Zots and guino (author of BMV) for a couple of sliders.
liquidsmoke for a few skinning ideas (and I stole 2 icons from you, too. :cool: )
Since I don't have the hardware/software to test these out, the following skins will be provided but untested.
- Radio, XM, Sirius
- iGuidance, Freedrive, Map Monkey (and their full screen versions)
If/when you discover bugs, post back here and I'll gladly update.
Also, I won't be making Mappoint skins. However, the PSDs will be released so you can make it yourself.
Main menu. You can use Dinasty's flash logo in place of my Toyota logo. Instructions will be provided later.
Main menu with Road Runner logo.