Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 91

Thread: Teutonic skin (BMW)

  1. #31
    Variable Bitrate Hark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Posts
    440
    Updated first post with screen shots of iGuidance work so far.

  2. #32
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    57

    .

    Wondering how the color match to the amber bmw digits is? Also, is there a night mode?

  3. #33
    BCN
    BCN is offline
    Newbie BCN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    48
    Great job so far!!! Can't wait to test it

  4. #34
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    47
    Hi Hark,Can not wait for this one as I have a bimmer to.
    Any idea when this will be finished as the only things I would need for now is music,gps,dvd,internet, this is because I come form the U.K so the likes of XM and the phoco are not really any use to me. Will you be releasing the psd's as this would be great for me to customise for my own car.
    Cheers Mick (keep up the brilliant work.)

  5. #35
    Variable Bitrate Hark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Posts
    440
    Definitely will be releasing the PSDs when I'm done, so I encourage anyone to modify and add as they wish (as long as you post it for everyone else to use). I think I just want to finish a few more minor screens and I'll release version 1. I'm struggling with new audio hardware, so that's keeping me from focusing on this - but I should be back in action very soon. Thanks for all the encouragement.

  6. #36
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Hark
    Definitely will be releasing the PSDs when I'm done, so I encourage anyone to modify and add as they wish (as long as you post it for everyone else to use). I think I just want to finish a few more minor screens and I'll release version 1. I'm struggling with new audio hardware, so that's keeping me from focusing on this - but I should be back in action very soon. Thanks for all the encouragement.

    That's great news Hark! I'm gonna try and make a green version. Probably it won't look as good, but it will match my dash lights...

  7. #37
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    29
    hi, how's this comin along ?? i love it to bits ...it would look so nice in my beemer...please please please please hurry

  8. #38
    Variable Bitrate Hark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Posts
    440
    I've been trying it out in my car (the screens that I have done so far), and I'm definitely not happy with it during the day (much to dark), so I need some help from veteran Photoshoppers to help me figure out how to easily convert these to lighter colors. I'd also like some suggestions as to what colors it should be during the day.

    I also updated the top post with my latest edits to the menu screen - since it's a night skin, I didn't like the grey on the buttons, so I made everything more red (as if it was being illuminated by the red lights in the headliner of the car). I also fixed the text to make it match the same "red-amber" as the rest of the car. Let me know what you think.

    Now I've got to change the rest of the screens - isn't there an easy way to change all the text layers of an image at once, rather than doing each one individually?

  9. #39
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Hark
    I've been trying it out in my car (the screens that I have done so far), and I'm definitely not happy with it during the day (much to dark), so I need some help from veteran Photoshoppers to help me figure out how to easily convert these to lighter colors. I'd also like some suggestions as to what colors it should be during the day.

    I also updated the top post with my latest edits to the menu screen - since it's a night skin, I didn't like the grey on the buttons, so I made everything more red (as if it was being illuminated by the red lights in the headliner of the car). I also fixed the text to make it match the same "red-amber" as the rest of the car. Let me know what you think.

    Now I've got to change the rest of the screens - isn't there an easy way to change all the text layers of an image at once, rather than doing each one individually?
    personally i prefer the fist colours of the buttons...i think with the new ones, we will all have red faces in our cars at night from the strenght of the illumination...still it's a killer frontend...keep up the good work

  10. #40
    BCN
    BCN is offline
    Newbie BCN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by jesax
    personally i prefer the fist colours of the buttons...i think with the new ones, we will all have red faces in our cars at night from the strenght of the illumination...still it's a killer frontend...keep up the good work
    I like also the first version of the skin...it looks more OEM. Keep up the good work.

Similar Threads

  1. Skin in BMW i-Drive or Audi-"i Robot" Design
    By hematec in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 10:34 AM
  2. Roadrunner Skinning Tutorial
    By Meelobee in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 08:28 PM
  3. Skin idea - Simple BMW Red
    By Hark in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 09:54 AM
  4. FrodoPlayer BMW Skin
    By edrock200 in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 11:08 PM
  5. Is there a BMW Media Engine Skin
    By riuster in forum Media Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 02:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •