Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Another n00b's first skin

  1. #11
    FLAC W3bMa5t3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by nkotch
    What WinDVD version is that?
    Ver 7 Platinum

  2. #12
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    144

    iGuidance?

    I see your sig says iGuidance... is that what you are using in those screen shots... I am looking for something new, have it down to iGuidance or Streets and Trips 2006... that is a great picture of the way it integrates!!

    I think the skin looks pretty good.. simplicity is good.

  3. #13
    FLAC W3bMa5t3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNZO6_pc
    I see your sig says iGuidance... is that what you are using in those screen shots... I am looking for something new, have it down to iGuidance or Streets and Trips 2006... that is a great picture of the way it integrates!!

    I think the skin looks pretty good.. simplicity is good.
    Yes that's iGuidance in those screenshots. it was easy to embed (didn't use skinbedder or anything). to replicate the 'regular' program commands, I used AutoIt3 to make the left side buttons work with a few *.exe scripts. Works Great! I had used iGuidance before ever creating a 'carputer', and have always been pleased with it's functionality.

    Thanks for your compliments :-)

  4. #14
    FLAC W3bMa5t3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,268
    Screenshots moved to 1st post

  5. #15
    Constant Bitrate Sweet05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    186
    Very nice looking. How did you get the brushed look on the background? I have an 05 mustang gt that I'm doing a skin for(link in my sig check it out) and I have the upgraded dash kit with the brushed aluminium through out and I have been trying to get a good match with no luck but what you have there looks close only not blue of course hehe

  6. #16
    FLAC W3bMa5t3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet05
    Very nice looking. How did you get the brushed look on the background? I have an 05 mustang gt that I'm doing a skin for(link in my sig check it out) and I have the upgraded dash kit with the brushed aluminium through out and I have been trying to get a good match with no luck but what you have there looks close only not blue of course hehe
    Thanks. Checked out your skin, very sweet, it's coming along nicely. The brushed look, there are a few ways to do it... I take the easy route and use Alien Skin Eye Candy 5: Impact. It includes a few nice filters, one of which is brushed metal. You choose the color of course

  7. #17
    FLAC W3bMa5t3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,268
    Just thought I'd post a link to my other thread where I'm showing off my Road Runner skin in action on my car pc. -Enjoy-

  8. #18
    FLAC W3bMa5t3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,268
    Well after 160+ downloads of my CobraSkin_06 My Custom Road Runner Skin, and 145+ of the PSD files for the same, I decided I'd release the next version of the skin that I created. Hadn't planned on releasing it, but seeing all the downloads of the previous one... what could it hurt. ;-) Now I must warn.. lol all I really use is my gps (iguidance umpc) skin and my music skins. Weather get's a bit of use, as does the traffic and N64 emulator skin, so I make no promises on the completion of anything lol. The PSDs are all included though, so feel free to change/continue on with what you must.

    CobraSkin_07 Download: The Skin & PSD's - 12MB. Compressed with 7zip.

  9. #19
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    86
    Great job! I've used this skin here and there and it looks and works pretty good. I haven't tried the newer version yet. Do you have it blue in your car as well? I noticed your Cobra was white, perhaps try something that belnds with that or with the interior, but if you like the blue, keep the blue. I had a my skin running for several months now and have decided to change it to a siler format to match the dash and exterior of my 05 GT and I've gotten many more compliments on the look vs. the older black layout. Too many people thought it was just stock! I guess that was the look I was going for but I'd like a little more just to let people know it's not stock but should have been.

    Anyways, fantastic Cobra skin, thanks for sharing.

    Mike

  10. #20
    FLAC W3bMa5t3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyr68 View Post
    Great job! I've used this skin here and there and it looks and works pretty good. I haven't tried the newer version yet. Do you have it blue in your car as well? I noticed your Cobra was white, perhaps try something that belnds with that or with the interior, but if you like the blue, keep the blue. I had a my skin running for several months now and have decided to change it to a siler format to match the dash and exterior of my 05 GT and I've gotten many more compliments on the look vs. the older black layout. Too many people thought it was just stock! I guess that was the look I was going for but I'd like a little more just to let people know it's not stock but should have been.

    Anyways, fantastic Cobra skin, thanks for sharing.

    Mike
    Thanks mate. Yeah the skin is just as it is in my car. Blue is my fav color so it was only natural I really don't use all that much, but since I'm pretty happy with my carpc install, I think I'm gonna start working on the software side of things, so that will eventually mean rebuilding my skin yet again. lol are these projects every really complete?!?! anywho.. thanks again.. peace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. RR Web Cam Skin Help
    By babyface in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-20-2013, 03:47 AM
  2. New skin
    By Floatingpi in forum CF Skins
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 12:31 PM
  3. Red highlights for BMV2 Skin done
    By Mad Ad in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-17-2006, 12:41 PM
  4. Skullster Skin.. Please help me finish this skin
    By CdRsKuLL in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-05-2005, 08:37 PM
  5. finnaly skin uploaded
    By liquid_smoke in forum ME Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 09:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •