Well, Iíve been running with this set up for about a year now. I thought I should do an update.
1) Wife loves the navigation and uses it like an extension of paper maps. Acts like the system was always there Ė didnít give me any credit for the set up at all.
2) Internet access works well, when we need to check traffic or something. This has saved us from some awful traffic.
3) Ms streets and trips works pretty well. Not quite as good as NG Topo but it has less clutter and covers 99.9% of trails weíve run. When we've needed the extra detail, weíve been able to switch to Topo. For example to find side trails, which is when it counts.
4) The car2pc unit is limited by the 6 play list feature but works good, otherwise Ė the lack of a good touch screen for music has hurt. Just need something with big buttons. Somebody make a skin please!!
5) The position of the touch screen turned out to be less of an issue than first reported.
a. Glare is not so bad as to render useless, only slightly annoying, but never unreadable.
b. I donít need maps at highway speeds and on trails, it has not been a big deal to ust fu@%!ng stop since we were at a crawl anyway.
c. It rocks in reverse.
Iíve been planning nano-itx upgrade and transflective display, but the current setup works so well that itís been less of a priority than other stuff.
Again, thanks to all for the help getting this set up working.