2004 Acura TL CarPC w/ dual LCD (ver 2)
Here is my latest carPC. Made lot of changes and upgrades from my last one so decided to put up a new thread. This "was" a non-navi TL but it has lot of parts from the navi TL which is the Bezel with buttons, the navi LCD and the navi clock display. Mainly bc I like the navi buttons and wanted to use them for my carPC. Also, there are 2 xenarc screens. The char LCD that came with the non-navi has been replaced with the navi LCD, although I'm not using it as a display, its needed to display cabin temperatures.
Sound input is via the XM audio which is not used. Stock radio functionality is untouched (including HFL bluetooth call interruption).
My goal was to have this setup looking just like a stock system.
- 2004 Acura TL 2004 non-navi.
- 19" TSW Kyalami, 245/35/19 Nexen tires
- Tein H-tech (1" drop)
- Acura A-Spec body kit
- Blinking white led side marker
- Cleared front corner lights
- Tinted back lights and side marker lights
- Tinted windows 25/35
- Window rollup module
- Wide angle rear view camera.
- Replaced non-navi clock display with the navi clock / hvac display.
- Navi OEM LCD "hidden" behind lower LCD.
- Navi OEM bezel with navi buttons mapped to a hacked Dell USB keyboard.
- 10" Bazooka Subwoofer w/ 200W RMS built in amp.
- Dell D520 notebook: Intel Core2 duo 2ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb HD, XP SP2.
- Dell docking station and stand powered by Lind electronics Auto Power Supply.
- 2 x Xenarc 7" TSV. Upper screen is high-brightness using VGA input and AV2 for rear view camera. Lower screen is using AV1 input from laptop tv-out.
- Rikaline 12ch GPS Bluetooth
- SoundBlaster X-FI XMOD USB Audio.
- Pinnacle PCTV HD PRO Stick USB.
- Netgear USB bluetooth adapter for the bluetooth GPS and DUN to my cellphone.
- Amplified car TV antenna.
Cellphone: Samsung A990 3.2mp camera phone w/ bluetooth DUN hack.
- Latest RoadRunner
- FSR Flash skin (custom made)
- WatchHDTV ( over the air HDTV reception with regular car tv antenna)
- Iguidance 3
- Flash real-time traffic info
- Flash real-time weather moving maps
- Custom program for navi buttons interface with RR. (autoit)
Total hardware cost: in denial
Labor cost: free!
Trunk w/ docking station laptop and 10" Bazooka
Rear view camera
Lower compartment xenarc 7" LCD
CAT5 wiring gallore
Navi OEM LCD (covered up in cardboard sitting behind the xenarc screen)
Soundblaster Xfi Xmod attached under armrest
youtube videos of it in action :
Link to the skin I'm using is below. The version of the skin I have is different bc I took out the bottom bar and I am using the OEM buttons now, and have a second screen as well. If you like that version just PM me or something.
Thanks goes to all the folks here and at acurazine.com