Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 97

Thread: 2007 FX35 Carputer

  1. #61
    Mod - iPad Forums RipplingHurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    2,176
    Quote Originally Posted by turbocad6 View Post
    that's cool. I picked up one of those & want to use it with the cruise control steering wheel buttons, the fx ignores all button presses on the right side of the steering wheel except the ON button when the cruise is off, plan is to uise all the other buttons for pc control, but then when cruise is turned ON, then override the pc controls for cruise.. haven't had much chance to play with it though... that sony stalk is nice & gives a lot of control options...
    Thanks. I couldn't use the steering wheel buttons because I kept the headunit - but you did too, right? You've just moved it down if IIRC?

    Those devices that read the resistance can't be simply tapped, or else the resistance the head unit is expecting will change, I think. And I do use the HU radio/satellite radio. I'd have to use the cruise control buttons as you say, but I think you'd find the sony thing a better alternative: 12 buttons there!

    I wonder if you can use macros in RR though. That would be great: like load cartoons (Main menu or whatever skin --> Videos -->cartoons --> play next in queue.).

  2. #62
    Super Moderator. If my typing sucks it's probably because I'm driving.... turbocad6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,234
    I was going to try & see what would happen if I tapped it, but used diodes, if that would cause it not to affect the resistance the head unit (or cruise control) sees... another possibilty might be actually switching it, from pc control to cruise with a relay... I gotta get in there & play... I'm assuming our wheel uses a 3 wire system & I'm thinking it might use one pair for radio controls & one for cruise, maybe wishful thinking too, if it don't work then I still have other ideas, that stalk you have is pretty cool

  3. #63
    Mod - iPad Forums RipplingHurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    2,176
    There are three wires on the FX just for the audio side, I suppose there's at least two more on the cruise control side. You can hook up to four wires with JoyCon I believe, but you're limited to 10 buttons/functions per profile.

    This is the FX service manual picture I got from this discussion on the CF Forums:


  4. #64
    Mod - iPad Forums RipplingHurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    2,176
    Pictures of my install...I think the color match is perfect? I couldn't put anywhere on the steering column, because it's adjustable (up/down and telescopic, in/out), and in some lower positions wouldn't clear the driver enough and/or the mirror adjustment controls. The surface is pretty slick, I used some strong double sided tape i had. I had trouble gluing industrial strength velcro when testing, it came off pretty easily, I'm sure this tape won't leave any marks when I remove it (specially if I use some heat). If it does, I'll sand it and paint it black.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

  5. #65
    Raw Wave pierrotm777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    2,840
    It is very nice . Do you think that it is possible to found again this sony stick

  6. #66
    Mod - iPad Forums RipplingHurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    2,176
    Quote Originally Posted by pierrotm777 View Post
    It is very nice . Do you think that it is possible to found again this sony stick
    I found it on e-bay, but you could also ask at your local auto parts store:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-1-473-067-3...d=370276069687

    http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-RM-X4S-BRAN...item2303a8b6df

    I believe RM-X2s or RM-x4s are the same remote. I don't even know what exactly mine is, there's no clue in it [edit: I'm so stupid...as you can see in the pictures, it's an RM-X2S! duh].

  7. #67
    Raw Wave pierrotm777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    2,840
    Quote Originally Posted by RipplingHurst View Post
    I found it on e-bay, but you could also ask at your local auto parts store:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-1-473-067-3...d=370276069687

    http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-RM-X4S-BRAN...item2303a8b6df

    I believe RM-X2s or RM-x4s are the same remote. I don't even know what exactly mine is, there's no clue in it.
    I don't know where i should can to put it in my audi .

    I must to see that

  8. #68
    Raw Wave pierrotm777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    2,840

    Smile

    I have a very good place on wheel right of my A4.

    How many commands can to simulate this joystick

  9. #69
    Mod - iPad Forums RipplingHurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    2,176
    10 commands, with one being the MODE option: when you press the mode button, you can change the profile (say: RR>>Centrafuse>>etc. or menu navigation>>media playing>>nav), so each button does something different then. You can have as many profiles as you want, but I don't think it's practical to have more than 3. When you change profile, you can choose how long a big message with the profile name is displayed (if at all), also you can play a .wav file warning you of the profile change (or saying the profile name aloud, just find a cute sexy .wav for that!). Neat.

    Too bad I'm having sleep issues. The computer can go to hibernation and resume however, since the DSATX cuts power when the computer is off (otherwise it would restart in 3 or 4 secs due to the Joycon driver).

    I use the source button on the top of the stalk for the voice command prompt. It's great you can find it easily without looking. Seek is for next and previous etc. It's fast, much faster than the touchscreen.

  10. #70
    Raw Wave pierrotm777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    2,840
    Quote Originally Posted by RipplingHurst View Post
    10 commands, with one being the MODE option: when you press the mode button, you can change the profile (say: RR>>Centrafuse>>etc. or menu navigation>>media playing>>nav), so each button does something different then. You can have as many profiles as you want, but I don't think it's practical to have more than 3. When you change profile, you can choose how long a big message with the profile name is displayed (if at all), also you can play a .wav file warning you of the profile change (or saying the profile name aloud, just find a cute sexy .wav for that!). Neat.

    Too bad I'm having sleep issues. The computer can go to hibernation and resume however, since the DSATX cuts power when the computer is off (otherwise it would restart in 3 or 4 secs due to the Joycon driver).

    I use the source button on the top of the stalk for the voice command prompt. It's great you can find it easily without looking. Seek is for next and previous etc. It's fast, much faster than the touchscreen.
    You are a lucky man !

Similar Threads

  1. My 2006 Scion xB (portable) Carputer setup! w/pics!
    By breaker021 in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 09:34 AM
  2. Carputer confusion- n00b needing help
    By TonyMartin in forum Newbie
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 12:11 PM
  3. Carputer confusion- n00b needing help
    By TonyMartin in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 09:43 PM
  4. wikipedia: carputer definition
    By pRoFiT in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2005, 08:32 AM
  5. Good time to buy carputer components?
    By Linus in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-25-2004, 08:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •