BMW X5 CarCube Project by Vinzer (lots of pics)
Hi All !!!
I used to post here my previous project or even two of these. I think these were my Lexus RX300 Car PC and first BMW X5 projects.
After almost 1.5 year I am back with new project :)
Here I want to present to your attention my new "from scratch" project called CarCube :)
Based on PC 104 form factor motherboard, custom made case and my free time to put everything together.
Look at the pics and read tech specs of this small guy :)
Motherboard PC-104 form factor 1.8GHz
External videocard - some unknow brand :)
Inside of this custom designed and custom made case I have the following components:
- TPMS Monitoring system (by Robby)
- FM Radio
- OBD II Diagnostic
- Phidget controller (8/8/8)
- I-BUS controller by Resler
- GPS receiver
- Power supply 5V 12V (up to 20 A on 5V and up to 25A on 12V for external devices)
Power supplies outputs controlled by Phidget (thru software)
- Small screen (4x20) connected to LPT port for dispaying of the current status of the CarPC
- A lot of wires :)
- Controller for cooling fans (based on temperature of the processor)
- IDE HDD 60GB
- 4USB on motherboard + 2 independant MiniPCI controllers with 3 USB ports on each (total 10USB ports)
- WiFi (for sure it is there) :)
I did design and assembly from scratch. I thought to make a professional PCB controller board instead of soldering components on regular board but decided to leave it for the future project.
It took me almost 8 month to get to the final version of this project. It tested and seems to wrok well.
As a external components it has:
- USB VGA controller - for conencting 7 ! :) external screens (I am not crazy, it is only for DEMO pourposes)
- XM Radio
- External USB SoundBlaster Audigy Sound card
- 2 Xernac touchscreen monitors
- 3d Connexion joystic (to make it look like BMW real BMW i-Drive) :)
- some other small features like iPhone connector, external temperature and aceleration sensors and stuff like this :)
And all this lives under Windows XP Embedded which I build using Win embedded development Studio for my needs.
Pics of my vehicle inside in the next post.....