I'm missing a bunch of pictures, but there was a ton of frabrication.
The middle vents were blocked off with a 1/4" piece of aluminum epoxied to the vent behind the monitor.
I had a hard time figuring out how to fiberglass, but finally, after a little bit of bondo, i'm happy with it. The texture didn't turn out as good as factory, but it's as good as i could get it.
It was pretty cool. I got the touchscreen off a kid on ebay. He had the monitor listed for $100 buck. He said he didn't know if the touchscreen portion worked, and nobody bid on it, so i ended up sending him an e-mail and picking it up for $100 even. Works perfect, looks like new.
This is it up and running. The pictures don't really do it justice.
Guess those highschool autobody classes paid off finally.
The amplifiers were bought off ebay broken for about $20 bucks a piece, and only took some soldering and some new output mosfets to fix. (aspiring electronics student/repairman). the two in the back are Mtx terminator 250/1 subwoofer amps, the front is a 4 channel class ab for the factory speakers.
I'm using two 10" shallow mount subwoofers. Can't really fit anything else behind the seats, and I can't make a box with more than about 1/2 cubic foot per speaker. But, for a single cab truck, it should be more than enough to be a noise nuisance.
But, to make room- here's the jack mount being violently ground/torn out.
More to come.
This in one of a handful of projects, so it won't be finished for a while, but I'll update whenever I make some progress.
This is a first build, so ¢2 are welcome.