Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Crimpdaddy's Finest

  1. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by crimpdaddy View Post
    ok... typically i love criticism... i thrive on it as when i take it and use it... i can better my overall product. having said that... i will NOT take the criticism of my motorization by someone that dare i say has most likely never worked with motorization with more than one pivoting point. just for you... HUG A NUT. and as for the intel board... and all the supposed money that was spent.. .it was a favor job and i merely work within the means of my budget. and as for my video making ability... my 1st video... never claimed to be a video maker but the general public enjoyed it as did they at the car shows that this car continually takes 1st place in.

    having said all that... i am very glad you all enjoy the overall fiberglass work as that is where i accel. this is the 1st car pc i have built although ive been designing mine for awhile. not quite ready until i can do my hvac on a touchscreen. again. when i get around to it i will post the specs of the computer for the vette but after seeing all the negativity and rudeness on this thread by a supposed moderator... i figured i would retaliate... but thanks again.
    It is unfortunate that this site have turned into ****ing contest.

    Considering its you first install, you have done extremely well. You are right about the motorizing, some think its an easy task and are so quick to jump into critisizing your work, funny they are the people who has nothing to show.

    Anyway, nice work, nice install, nice everything, you will go far with that. You did it because you can, others see nothing much of it because they cant.

    It must be your low post count that annoyed the regulars seeing you done something that they couldnt and it must be their insecurity kicking in... that there are some really talented people out there who hardly post in this forum. Wearing the green medals and post count is more important to them than end results.

  2. #12
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,321
    Quote Originally Posted by JS8531 View Post

    It must be your low post count that annoyed the regulars seeing you done something that they couldnt and it must be their insecurity kicking in... that there are some really talented people out there who hardly post in this forum. Wearing the green medals and post count is more important to them than end results.
    i do agree that this forum cant wait for the next project to show up so they can bring it down whatever way they possibly can... but in this case, i think a lot of it has to do with the way it was presented. the video is horrific, and no matter how good or cool the install actually is, we cant tell what it is and what it really looks like because the video is the equivalent to a 2 year old just dancing around the house with a webcam strapped to its head.

  3. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by trader007 View Post
    i do agree that this forum cant wait for the next project to show up so they can bring it down whatever way they possibly can... but in this case, i think a lot of it has to do with the way it was presented. the video is horrific, and no matter how good or cool the install actually is, we cant tell what it is and what it really looks like because the video is the equivalent to a 2 year old just dancing around the house with a webcam strapped to its head.
    Well to be honest with you, I also do agree with the video but Im not in the position to critisize it. But over all I reckon the guy should be given the credit for his work after all it is a carpc forum and a not a movie making forum.

    Some of the comments made about the install is meant to redicule the poster, I couldnt see any good advice there. Im not surprised the OP is annoyed about it.

  4. #14
    And then I was mod. Tidder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by crimpdaddy View Post
    ok... typically i love criticism... i thrive on it as when i take it and use it... i can better my overall product. having said that... i will NOT take the criticism of my motorization by someone that dare i say has most likely never worked with motorization with more than one pivoting point. just for you... HUG A NUT. and as for the intel board... and all the supposed money that was spent.. .it was a favor job and i merely work within the means of my budget. and as for my video making ability... my 1st video... never claimed to be a video maker but the general public enjoyed it as did they at the car shows that this car continually takes 1st place in.

    having said all that... i am very glad you all enjoy the overall fiberglass work as that is where i accel. this is the 1st car pc i have built although ive been designing mine for awhile. not quite ready until i can do my hvac on a touchscreen. again. when i get around to it i will post the specs of the computer for the vette but after seeing all the negativity and rudeness on this thread by a supposed moderator... i figured i would retaliate... but thanks again.
    Well let me break it down for you to show you why I was so negative. First off, the name CrimpDaddy. I picture a 16 y.o. still living with mommy and daddy, thinking he's a bad *** and is going to rule the world someday. Spotting the D945GCLF2 box confirmed what, in my eyes, showed inexperience, thus a young person. The way the video was edited, yes, I thought 16 y.o. again. You saying "All the motorization" and then only seeing one little screen move back and forth, what was I supposed to think? There was so much here that was presented in such a young/foolish manner, I misjudged and decided to poke fun at the kid.

    I see now that you're around 35, have a couple kids, etc. Knowing this, I applaud you for having the time to do ANYTHING! Yet I come back to thinking "he's 35... and calls himself crimpdaddy?" It's one thing to have that for a user name on a forum or something (I mean Tidder? WTF is that?) But seeing the "ad" in your video and you still referring to yourself as crimpdaddy... I couldn't help it.

    As far as me being a mod and being rude and negative, am I not entitled to my opinion too? Mod or not, I would have said the exact same things, and felt the exact same way. Everyone on this forum seems to think that nobody can have an opinion if it's in dislike of another person or their work. Not everyone will like you or what you have done. All that matters on this forum is if you like it. Who gives a **** what I say or anyone else says right? If I cared what anyone on this forum thought, I would have stopped with my first car and gave up.

    Lastly, everything I say is in the name of fun. It's hard to come off as fun when all you have to work with is text on a screen.
    Tidder

    Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

  5. #15
    Variable Bitrate bemenaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    240
    This forum does have a reputation for being on the harsh side. I have made more than one comment on it in the past, and I think it's counter-productive.

    Tidder, you have valid criticisms, with a little rewording, they would go a lot further in helping steer people in a more sensible direction.

    Crimpdaddy, the project looks interesting, and I would like to see more of what you did. Could you do three things:

    1) Post pics of your work

    2) Write up a better description of the job, you have done way more than what you talked about, and you deserve credit for it, but we can't even tell what you did.

    3) Post a video that you can actually see your work. Trying to be all creative and fancy is fine, but your video does an absolutely horrible job of showing anything? Your only shots of the details of your works are quick flashes on the screen. How is anyone supposed to be able to admire/view/judge your work when we can't see it?

    The choice in hardware is one you made for a reason. Of course people have varying opinions on what you should use. I used that same board for my first project, and I don't think it is a bad choice. I could see why for a higher end project like what you did, Tidder would think it wasn't a good choice. My main thought would be the audio, but you would have to ask him to be more specific if you want to know why he doesn't like that board, since it was a mainstay on here a while back.

    I hope you can view this as constructive criticism.

    Personal note: I think some of the stuff done in show cars is silly, but then a lot of people think the entire carpc thing is silly. Each to his own.

  6. #16
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    Quote Originally Posted by malcom2073 View Post
    Whoever clipped together that video should be shot, Changing scene every 2 seconds to keep with the music? Quite annoying and reminiscent of making videos in high school.

    Tidder: I think he means the motorized 19" screen? It's REALLY slow though, not sure why they made it go that slow. Kinda get bored waiting for it to come out.

    Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of good craftsmanship that went into that, I just don't think it was implemented very well. Suppose that might be cause I'll never understand a complete lack of functionality in the name of form.
    I agree, the video was annoying with scene changing, but the fact that the car is so interesting kept me watching.

    The screen actually moving slow is awesome to me. I don't think it would look nice to have the thing just pop into place. By going slow it gives it more of a transformer type look and feel to it.

    If I had the money, I would loveeeeeeeeee Crimpdaddy to do something like that to my car. Mainly with the rear panels at the back, and the center console. I think you would do a h3ll of a job if you got your hands on those projects.

    Quote Originally Posted by JS8531 View Post
    It is unfortunate that this site have turned into ****ing contest.

    Considering its you first install, you have done extremely well. You are right about the motorizing, some think its an easy task and are so quick to jump into critisizing your work, funny they are the people who has nothing to show.

    Anyway, nice work, nice install, nice everything, you will go far with that. You did it because you can, others see nothing much of it because they cant.

    It must be your low post count that annoyed the regulars seeing you done something that they couldnt and it must be their insecurity kicking in... that there are some really talented people out there who hardly post in this forum. Wearing the green medals and post count is more important to them than end results.
    OMG, your leaving your comments all over the place, like a plague, lol.

    There is nothing wrong with competition, it helps get people thinking and build upon their installs and ideas. If I didn't look at other peoples installs and think, hey I can improve on that, I'd probably have some old clunky system like a APPLE 2E as my carpc. I am sure people have also looked at my install and got ideas from it. Others may think, d@mn HiJack is an idiot for putting all that $h!+ in his car. Its all about taste and preference. I have never read where someone has said, hey my Car PC is better then yours. Its always been a sharing and swapping of ideas. As for comments that are harsh, its the way the world is, if you cant handle it, go to Walgreens and get yourself some anti depressents. All the comments help to change the persons view to think out of the box, I am thankful for the forums doing that with me. Sometimes when doing an install you can get tunnel vision and not look at all the options, by having comments, it knocks people out of that tunnel so they can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

    What I get from Crimpdaddy is that I can redesign my whole rear to fit all my stuff and still make a panel that looks good, but also functional. Same with the center console.

    PS: I love your ride CrimpDaddy, I like how you designed and did everything, I just hate that you did it on a Corvette, I hate the Corvette so much. I guess maybe because I'm a Dodge VIPER fan!
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  7. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by trader007 View Post
    i think the problem is the old-timers here started out when there was NO help, anywhere. they just dove in with the cash, time and patience to make it work- and work they did a lot of. its like never being in alaska and trying to tell the guys from deadliest catch that your boat is the best on the water... youre going to get laughed at.

    if the op can post a video from a camera that was mounted on a tripod or sound shoulders, explained what each component was and how its working, and try to justify a 19"lcd in the trunk then he would have had great responses. in my opinion, the high dollar fancy installs go over MUCH better here then the budget DIY stuff does anyway... if he just presented it in a somewhat normal fashion im sure things would have went a lot smoother.
    I agree that his work should be presented better, I guess the regulars are thinking its a spam or something along that line, I dont know whats on their mind. But I really think the crappy attitude is un called for.

    Well I hope the OP can post up a better video, I doubt that will happen now. I think he even deleted the picture he posted originally.

  8. #18
    And then I was mod. Tidder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    If I had the money, I would loveeeeeeeeee Crimpdaddy to do something like that to my car. Mainly with the rear panels at the back, and the center console. I think you would do a h3ll of a job if you got your hands on those projects.
    Same here, but I'd request to have him use his real name.
    Tidder

    Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

  9. #19
    And then I was mod. Tidder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    4,207
    Thread cleaned.
    Tidder

    Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

  10. #20
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    You cleaned an important question I had to Crimpdaddy... I'll post it again though.

    CrimpDaddy: About fiberglassing, is it hard to get those shapes and stuff? Also do you know how to do textures? I have had Nexson do my dash bezel for me, and his work is awesome, but he cannot match the texture I have. It would be to much of a mission to sand all the texture off of every interior piece. So is there a way to match it the new fiber glass to the current texture? I do know that Dodge based the texture on vinyl, which is the pattern they use on all vinyl printing patterns. I was going to build a box out of wood, then wrapped in the vinyl and although the texture matches, it doesn't look right next to the plastic version, as in, you can tell one is soft and the other is hard. Same with the console, i have the original console, then I removed the middle second row seat and have built a system for a second console. I decided to make it one massive long console, like the Mazda RX8, but if I did that, the texture difference would be obvious. I was going to try to make the second console connect by sliding into the first, but out of wood. That would mean the soft versus hard look, something I don't like. What do you recommend?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •