Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75

Thread: Nissan 200SX 1999

  1. #31
    Raw Wave treetop777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    War-Town, GA.
    Posts
    2,233
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_rosenback View Post
    Sorry for not answering this but I donīt have enough pictures to make a write-up. If you read all these I think you should be able to fix this, it is not really hard at all.

    http://www.instructables.com/id/Desk...olume_Control/
    $10 volume knob fabbed
    MMI style rotary encoder install - details
    Ford Radio Rotary Encoder via PS/2 Mouse

    There are a lot more threads in the input devices category here, those were just examples. Or you could also get for example a Griffin Powermate but this was not an option for me as I am very strict on the OEM look.
    Thanks for the links. I joined that "instructables" site -lot's of neat stuff.
    ****************************************
    OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
    Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
    Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
    BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
    M2-ATX Power Supply
    RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
    Windows XP SP3

  2. #32
    Constant Bitrate tom_rosenback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by treetop777 View Post
    Thanks for the links. I joined that "instructables" site -lot's of neat stuff.
    You are welcome. If there is anything you wonder about, just ask and I will try my best to answer.

  3. #33
    Constant Bitrate tom_rosenback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    170
    Have not happened too much lately but a few pictures of the updates I have

    I had to move the GPS receiver from inside the dashboard to on-top of it to get a more stabile signal, much better.


    I installed the amplifier for the speakers in the car under the passenger seat.

    Test fitting.


    Doing some cable work.


    Installation completed. Very satisfied with the placement, doensīt take up much space of the rearfoot compartment.


    I have now got the spoiler painted and installed. What U think?




    I ordered today a rearview camera and a diagnostics cable to connect to the carputer for some guages, mpg and stuff. Installation pictures will come.

    I have been thinking of installing some subwoofers in the car but canīt make up my mind what and where I should install it. Trunk would be the best place but there ainīt much space, suggestions please.

    Here are some pictures of the trunk. The blue box is where the battery is at the moment, I īm thinking of moving it back to the front if I find a new battery that fits there.



  4. #34
    It ain't easy being a green moderator meddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Steps out the front of Henson's workshop or Sydney
    Posts
    2,783
    Looks like it is coming along. The car is looking good now the spoiler is painted.

    Your boot is the same as mine in the S15. I was going to try to mount my sub under the parcel shelf pointing up, but it is very tight under there, especially with an under shelf rear strut brace. So in the mean time (until I work out something better) I have got one of those fibreglass enclosures off ebay that sit in the side of the boot. Like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT Your trim in the boot is different than the S15, but someone may make a S14 specific one. The other option is to lose the spare wheel and make a fibreglass enclosure in the spare wheel area, but I need to keep my spare so that option was out for me.

    EDIT: Can't find one of those fibreglass sub boxes for an S14. I could trial fit mine (when it gets delivered) into my mates S14 to see if it fits for you.
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

  5. #35
    Constant Bitrate tom_rosenback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by meddler View Post
    Looks like it is coming along. The car is looking good now the spoiler is painted.

    Your boot is the same as mine in the S15. I was going to try to mount my sub under the parcel shelf pointing up, but it is very tight under there, especially with an under shelf rear strut brace. So in the mean time (until I work out something better) I have got one of those fibreglass enclosures off ebay that sit in the side of the boot. Like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT Your trim in the boot is different than the S15, but someone may make a S14 specific one. The other option is to lose the spare wheel and make a fibreglass enclosure in the spare wheel area, but I need to keep my spare so that option was out for me.

    EDIT: Can't find one of those fibreglass sub boxes for an S14. I could trial fit mine (when it gets delivered) into my mates S14 to see if it fits for you.
    I was planning to either put the sub box in the same place as you, under the parcel shelf, subwoofers pointing backwards or in the back corner. I also have a rear strut brace but it is on the top of the shelf (inside the car) so that doesnīt take any space from me. I donīt think I will ditch the spare wheel since I think it is "good to have", just in-case. So my options are rear corners or under the shelf.

    Something like this I have in my mind, maybe making the port of the box coming through the parcel shelf into the cabin. If it fits...

  6. #36
    It ain't easy being a green moderator meddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Steps out the front of Henson's workshop or Sydney
    Posts
    2,783
    I was looking at that option too, but I didn't want the sub pointing backwards. I suppose I wanted to try something different. I have only ever seen one picture of a sub pointing up and I liked the idea of having perspex both at the front and rear so you could see through the box.

    Here is the pic:

    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

  7. #37
    Constant Bitrate tom_rosenback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by meddler View Post
    I was looking at that option too, but I didn't want the sub pointing backwards. I suppose I wanted to try something different. I have only ever seen one picture of a sub pointing up and I liked the idea of having perspex both at the front and rear so you could see through the box.

    Here is the pic:
    IMG
    http://members.optusnet.com.au/meddl...stall/subs.jpg
    I today found a new way of doing it, so far maybe the best solution. Maybe not the best image...

    The space behind the speaker is roughly 21 liters, which would do great for a 10" sub in a closed box. Only thing is to get the airpressure out from inside the panel. What do you guys think? Here is a link which includes more pictures. http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=34530

  8. #38
    Newbie sharpmusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    50

    Awesome job

    Is it hard to drive and see the screen?

  9. #39
    It ain't easy being a green moderator meddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Steps out the front of Henson's workshop or Sydney
    Posts
    2,783
    Now that is an interesting way of doing it. I would imagine there would be a lot of expanding foam used there. My problem is that the S15 has storage pockets in the side panels. I would have to modify them to fit a sub in there. Although the idea of mounting amps in there has crossed my mind.
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

  10. #40
    Constant Bitrate tom_rosenback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpmusic View Post
    Is it hard to drive and see the screen?
    If you mean if it is difficult to drive and look at the screen at the same time, yes a little. This is caused by the fact that it is mounted pretty low on the dash but otherwise the readability is good! A few good things with having it mounted this low is that it doesnīt blend you in the dark and that you can reach it while holding your hand on the gearshifter.

    Quote Originally Posted by meddler View Post
    Now that is an interesting way of doing it. I would imagine there would be a lot of expanding foam used there. My problem is that the S15 has storage pockets in the side panels. I would have to modify them to fit a sub in there. Although the idea of mounting amps in there has crossed my mind.
    The only thing I am worried about is to get the airpressure out of there, without destroying the panel. Nice and clean is my motto.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 1999 Nissan Silvia Mac mini Install
    By Dilmahay in forum Worklogs
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 09:27 AM
  2. PLS Recommend a Scantool for Nissan 200SX (S14a)
    By ShawJohn in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 05:50 PM
  3. 1990 Nissan 200SX (240SX) Mini-ITX puter
    By Zoidman in forum Worklogs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 02:07 AM
  4. Nissan 200SX install progress
    By M pro in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 11:47 AM
  5. Finding OBD2 Port on Nissan 200SX
    By ShawJohn in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 04:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •