Nissan 200SX 1999
I thought that I would present my newest project to all you guys. I sold my old car with CarPuter and everything (you can find my old car in my signature). So in may 2009 I bought this Nissan 200SX 1999 (also known as 240SX in some countries). It has got a 2 litre turbo charged engine which produces in original 200hp, but is today producing round about 280hp because of all the mods on it. I decided that I want to have a CarPuter in this car also since I was very pleased with the one in my old car. I am not much of a writer, but here are the specs:
Engine, transmission and exhaustsystem
- Garrett T28bb turbo
- Nismo engine and gearbox cusions
- Greddy oilcatch tank
- Greddy Profec B-II boost controller
- Greddy Full Auto turbo timer
- FMIC kit
- Exctractor exhaust manifold
- 3" stainless Motoria exhaust system from turbo backwards
- de-CAT pipe
- Dump valve with twin ports
- round about 280hp @ 1bar boost
- Apex Gen2 5/4 Comfy coilover
- Strutbraces in the front and rear
Wheels, tires and brakes
- Eve Tiger 18" wheels with Good Year Eagle F1 235/40 tires
- Brakecalipers painted red
- Leather seats
- Alacantra in the door panels
- Wood imitationpanels changed to black ones
- Momo pedals
- Autogauge stepper motor gauges (boost and oiltemperature)
- Switches custom made into center console
- 12V outlet moved to back of center console
- CarPuter (Intel D945GCLF2 M-ITX motherboard, 2gb DDR2 ram, 250gb SATA2 2.5" harddisk, BT, WLAN, GPS, 150W MiniITX DC-DC PSU)
- 7" touchscreen in the center console
- Custom made volume controller from old mouse
- SPL-604, 4x60W amplifier for the fronts and rears under the passenger seat
- Lanzar Heritage HR6.1 speakersystems in front and rear (includes 6.5" mids and 1" tweeters)
- Rearview camera
- OEM JDM Kouki trunklid spoiler
- Lower frontlip painted in same color as the car
- Nissan emblem removed from hood, and trunk
- All windows tinted
- Nissan Consult cable for the CarPuter
- Walbro fuelpump installation
- NIStune chip
- Installation of camber, toe and tension bars
- Subwoofers to the trunk
- Battery to be moved back from the trunk to the front
- New wheels
- Larger brakes
- Oilpressure gauge
And here comes the pictures.
This what the car looked like when I bought it. (In the background you can see my old car.)
First I did was to tint the windows, in this picture I am sitting behind the wheel but you canīt see me :P
Apex Gen2 comfy coilovers with camber and stiffness adjustment
This is what it looks like under the hood, dump valve not installed yet here.
New dump valve
Short shifter is nice, eventhough the shifter movement is original not that big. This will be installed at the same time as I change the oil in the gearbox.
I really like the JDM Kouki spoiler so I had to get one :D
And now to the mp3car related pictures :P
All the part for my CarPuter. Intel mb, 2g ram, BT, GPS, WLAN...
Test bench for CarPuter when doing installation of software.
This is what the dash looked like when I bought the car.
Tested how the LCD panel will fit...
Did some dremeling and fitted the LCD panel into bezel.
First primer layer, still needs some sanding and filler.
Then I found on this forum that a volume controller can be easily fixed with a old mouse, so here is the doner :D
Alps EC11B series encoder with push switch function soldered to mouse PCB, works like a charm except that the PCB is 5cm to big :D So,
Did some cutting on the mouse PCB and soldered a some header pins to it for the encoder.
Bottom side of small mouse PCB. Connected the header pins with jumper cables.
Made some backlight for the volume knob. Here you can also see the bezel painted in itīs final color.
Backlight with volumeknob in place.
CarPuter parts installed on a metalsheet, this will act as "case".
CarPuter installed into dash.
CarPuter installation completed. Very satisfied with the results.
Made 5 switches in the center console to control the CarPuter, LCD and so on.
Moved the 12V outlet to the back of the center console since the volume knob is in it old place.
I will post more updates here as this project moves along.
Comments please :D
Nice stuff. Wish my Millenia had that much space and access to the back of the dash.
WHat about your sound set-up?
Nice pics, easy to follow.
I too would be very satisfied with those results. Looks really professional, great job!
Only bad thing I can say, is that I am not loving the spoiler. Seems too out of scale for the car and of course it is not colour matched. But to each his own :)
Thanks! I have got a 4 channel amplifier under the passenger seat for the speakers in the front and rear, pictures of installation will come. I have not yet decided if I should put some subwoofer(s) into the trunk. The speakers (front and rear) are at the moment stock ones but these might be changed into better ones.
Originally Posted by BLAXKINNED
Thank you for your comment!
Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster
I forgot to write in the picture text that the spoiler is one the picture only put in place on-top of original, held in place by me. This will go on paint (will be same color as car) now on saturday (w32 2009) and the original spoiler will be removed, pictures will follow.
I like the volume knob.
Thx, I like it too :D
Originally Posted by strife
I like it........I like it alot. Good job and the volume knob is perfect. :clap2:
nice *** ride! i just got a deal on a nissan 200 (Sold the supra) its a 98 any thing you can tell me to get started on mods let me know.
nice install, and if you ever choose to get rid of the car, i will gladly take it off your hands :)