Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: 2004 Jaguar X-Type - Windows 7 and Acer Aspire1 8.9" Netbook as a Donor

  1. #21
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Seattle Area
    Posts
    9
    Update: checking in one year later...

    I covered the wood on my dash with 3M Di-Noc vinyl. Now everything matches and the car PC looks like it was made that way from Jaguar.




    Enjoy...

  2. #22
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    267
    How did you power the laptop? Do you have a startup/shutdown controller?
    Any pics behind the dash? What are you using for am/fm? I would love to do the same thing since netbooks are getting cheaper.

  3. #23
    Constant Bitrate dna59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Belize City, Belize
    Posts
    145
    Damn that's a super clean install. It's also nice to see someone else using a Zune HD, not that many of us around.

  4. #24
    Constant Bitrate Lincolnman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    112
    Very nice finish on this install.
    Props to you.
    Electronics work on magic smoke - don't let it out.

  5. #25
    Low Bitrate volvoman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    60
    Good job.

    Are you on volvospeed? Had a C70 and an ML?

  6. #26
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Seattle Area
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by MAZDABOY View Post
    How did you power the laptop? Do you have a startup/shutdown controller?
    Any pics behind the dash? What are you using for am/fm? I would love to do the same thing since netbooks are getting cheaper.
    Behind the dash is a little ugly I would say, but basically the base of the netbook is back there and LCD-to-board cable goes to the dash. I used radiotime and Internet streaming for radio, tried the Griffin Radioshark, but that was terrible.

    Quote Originally Posted by dna59 View Post
    Damn that's a super clean install. It's also nice to see someone else using a Zune HD, not that many of us around.
    Helps to get free ones on occasion, too. Perks for working in Redmond... I love the HD

    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolnman View Post
    Very nice finish on this install.
    Props to you.
    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by volvoman1 View Post
    Good job.

    Are you on volvospeed? Had a C70 and an ML?
    Yes, and 855 before that.

    BTW, the outside of the car has gone through some major transformation also. Looks like this right now (even in same parking garage):




    If you guys think Car PC's are challenging, you haven;t done anything until you've put in air ride suspension . More here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/384217...-jaguar-x-type

  7. #27
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    267
    So is the laptop 12v and you just wired it in? You have to go through the shutdown menu every time you turn the car off?
    I was looking for more pics on your site. Didn't come across install pics but came across some nice nudes

  8. #28
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Seattle Area
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by MAZDABOY View Post
    So is the laptop 12v and you just wired it in? You have to go through the shutdown menu every time you turn the car off?
    I was looking for more pics on your site. Didn't come across install pics but came across some nice nudes
    I just have the 12v Acer Aspire One power supply and a 12 cell battery. It has 12 hours run time if the car is off and is charging when the car is on. My power policy also puts the machine to sleep after an hour (S2) and hibernates it after 4hours (S3). Battery typically hovers around 95%-98% in regular use.

  9. #29
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8
    Looks great, I've never really liked Jags but you make that one look good! I guess I'm not a big fan of hood ornaments lol, that and how curvy they are.

    Anyways, I had never previously heard of this Origami experience, this looks like a serious competitor to Centrafuse. I'm 100% the music library management is better than CF if it's based on WMP, but does it have GPS functionality? I'm really interested in seeing how the two stack up.

    Again, well done!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •