2006 Nissan Pathfinder R51
I originally put this CarPC in my 2000 Impala, but I traded it in for this Pathfinder in Oct. 2009. These are pics I took over the past couple of months while I slowly got all of the pieces in place. It's a pretty simple setup. I didn't want to do anything to my car that couldn't be undone. So, the only cutting that I did was in the area where I installed my receiver. I spent $60 USD to buy the part from Nissan, so I already have a replacement if I ever need to put it back to factory.
Here are a few "before" pictures...
And the project begins. I started with the monitor. It is a Lilliput EBY701-NP/C/T 7" Touch Screen monitor that I bought on eBay already modified to fit into a 2DIN space. I was able to use the factory mounting brackets to make it sit right where the factory receiver was...
The next step was to modify the cubbyhole below my monitor to fit a 1DIN aftermarket receiver. I bought the Kenwood KDC-HD942U from Crutchfield. As I mentioned already, I also bought the part from Nissan so that I had a replacement for the piece that I modified...
Time to clean up and put the PC in place. I had already assembled the PC prior to putting it in my last car, and I didn't take pictures. It is a Foxconn RS233 Mini ITX with Intel 945GC that I purchased from Newegg.com. It has a 1.6 GHz Intel Atom 230 CPU and is powered by the M2-ATX 160W power supply. I decided to put the Roomba to work...
I'm using the OBDPro USB Scantool for OBDII, and the BU-353 for my GPS receiver. I recently had a Viper 5101 remote start unit installed. I am using the Kenwood KCA-BT200 for Bluetooth Handsfree. I also still use my Garmin C300 GPS. I'm currently using Centrafuse 2 for my front-end. I might upgrade to 3 at some point. The Navigator software and the bluetooth handsfree used by Centrafuse don't meet my needs, so I decided to use my Kenwood receiver and my Garmin GPS for these things. I'll cross my fingers that a CarPC front end will get there one day. Until then... here are the rest of the pictures...
My next project is to replace my speakers, but until I can scrape together some funds, they'll have to wait...