Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: GTPMP3...Finally some friggin' pics!!!

  1. #11
    Constant Bitrate reggiek945's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    131
    Originally posted by Defiler
    XP saw it as a serial mouse and was makeing the pointer freak out. Common problem...

    I had the same problem with XP thinking it's a mouse also. If it wasn't for the guys on this site like you I would be still pulling my hair out. What's funny is I called Rand McNally and they said it was a Microsoft problem. The usual comments from a tech, who is reading a script,

    Reggie

  2. #12
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    334
    Looks great man.

    I have a Pontiac (grand am) and I was thinking the same thing for mounting a touch pad. im guessing (hoping) that the size of our little round cup holders in front of the shifter are the same size, which would help me so I can just get the one you use

    Also, we probably have the same amount of room inside the armrest! Do you have install pics/directions possibly? How/where did you run the wires? This might be a great summer project, with your help, I can probably pull off the same setup in my armrest...thanks for the idea!

    Let me know..

    -C

    Grand AMplifier Project 1.0:
    http://drive.to/cliffsgrandamgt/
    http://www.astallaslions.com/carmp3/
    --------------------------------
    -Eden 800 mini-itx motherboard
    -5.6 NTSC TFT-LCD
    -80 gig hard drive
    -128 MB RAM
    -MPBS1 DC-DC PSU
    -PB Remote /w Girder
    -Media Engine & Windows XP
    -Playstation II also added
    -Steering Wheel Buttons modified for Control.


  3. #13
    Raw Wave Defiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Temple Terrace, Fl.
    Posts
    2,647
    Originally posted by Cliff
    Looks great man.

    I have a Pontiac (grand am) and I was thinking the same thing for mounting a touch pad. im guessing (hoping) that the size of our little round cup holders in front of the shifter are the same size, which would help me so I can just get the one you use

    Also, we probably have the same amount of room inside the armrest! Do you have install pics/directions possibly? How/where did you run the wires? This might be a great summer project, with your help, I can probably pull off the same setup in my armrest...thanks for the idea!

    Let me know..

    -C
    I've never seen the inside of a Grand Am before but I think it's the same size. As far as the installation...I will be doing a web site when I get some time (just started a new job) with a lot more pics. But for the info right now...

    I just took the CD holder out of the Armrest and used the top to get the exact size for the top plexi then measured fron and back hieght for the other piece. The plexi is 1/4 inch BTW. I cut a hole out where all the cables would plug in, in the front of the armrest.

    I don't think I'm making any sence right now so I'll stop...LOL

    Anyway, thanks again for all the praise!!!
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

  4. #14
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    334
    Originally posted by Defiler
    I've never seen the inside of a Grand Am before but I think it's the same size. As far as the installation...I will be doing a web site when I get some time (just started a new job) with a lot more pics. But for the info right now...

    I just took the CD holder out of the Armrest and used the top to get the exact size for the top plexi then measured fron and back hieght for the other piece. The plexi is 1/4 inch BTW. I cut a hole out where all the cables would plug in, in the front of the armrest.

    I don't think I'm making any sence right now so I'll stop...LOL

    Anyway, thank again for all the praise!!!
    no you are making absolute sense. But where is the hole you cut? In front where? Because my front is all covered by the center console and the shifter etc...

    Grand AMplifier Project 1.0:
    http://drive.to/cliffsgrandamgt/
    http://www.astallaslions.com/carmp3/
    --------------------------------
    -Eden 800 mini-itx motherboard
    -5.6 NTSC TFT-LCD
    -80 gig hard drive
    -128 MB RAM
    -MPBS1 DC-DC PSU
    -PB Remote /w Girder
    -Media Engine & Windows XP
    -Playstation II also added
    -Steering Wheel Buttons modified for Control.


  5. #15
    Raw Wave Defiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Temple Terrace, Fl.
    Posts
    2,647
    Originally posted by Cliff
    no you are making absolute sense. But where is the hole you cut? In front where? Because my front is all covered by the center console and the shifter etc...
    Look at the last pic I posted...

    See where you would plug all the periferals into the motherboard? Inside the armrest is where I cut the hole, more like a rounded corner rectangle really. If you take the armrest apart you get a much better idea.
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

  6. #16
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    334
    Originally posted by Defiler
    Look at the last pic I posted...

    See where you would plug all the periferals into the motherboard? Inside the armrest is where I cut the hole, more like a rounded corner rectangle really. If you take the armrest apart you get a much better idea.
    Im still having trouble seeing it...the "rectangle" where the the peripherals plug in is quite large, so the hole must be large as well, and im baffled as to where it is. dont worry though, i'll wait until you get more pics and a website, i dont want to be too annoying heh



    Grand AMplifier Project 1.0:
    http://drive.to/cliffsgrandamgt/
    http://www.astallaslions.com/carmp3/
    --------------------------------
    -Eden 800 mini-itx motherboard
    -5.6 NTSC TFT-LCD
    -80 gig hard drive
    -128 MB RAM
    -MPBS1 DC-DC PSU
    -PB Remote /w Girder
    -Media Engine & Windows XP
    -Playstation II also added
    -Steering Wheel Buttons modified for Control.


  7. #17
    FLAC MP3DUB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Chicagoland, IL
    Posts
    1,783
    Originally posted by reggiek945
    I had the same problem with XP thinking it's a mouse also. If it wasn't for the guys on this site like you I would be still pulling my hair out. What's funny is I called Rand McNally and they said it was a Microsoft problem. The usual comments from a tech, who is reading a script,

    Reggie
    Well, technically, it is a "microsoft doesnt know how to code" problem .
    -Nick

    _____________________________
    Since when is insanity a bad thing?
    www.mp3vw.com

  8. #18
    FLAC samc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    944
    oh the rand mcnally gps? I had the same problem too the mouse pointer would jump all over the place.. damm microsoft.
    Mine needs to be updated.

  9. #19
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Originally posted by samc
    damm microsoft.
    microsoft isn't the ones that made a gps that acts like a serial mouse....
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  10. #20
    FLAC MP3DUB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Chicagoland, IL
    Posts
    1,783
    Originally posted by frodobaggins
    microsoft isn't the ones that made a gps that acts like a serial mouse....
    No, microsoft made an operating system that likes to detect serial things as mice
    -Nick

    _____________________________
    Since when is insanity a bad thing?
    www.mp3vw.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •