Sorry for the long delay from the last updates.. I'm testing the setup every day and I am having many good times and a few bad times.
The tab works great! I used it for another long trip (summer vacation to Adriatic Coast.. Rimini!) and all works perfectly, small noises and great music/navigation directions.
But when we come back home, I got very big audio noises, especially with poor 3g signal. Noises was so loud that we can't hear the music!
Unfortunately I realize that these noises are generated by the desk dock: it has audio and power components too close each other, and probably poorly shielded. If I disconnect either power or audio connector, noises are gone.
So I made my decision: I will try to transfer audio to amplifier via bluetooth! I saw some other project that use bluetooth to transfer audio to the car audio system with no issue at all.
I found on ebay a cheap Bluetooth audio receiver (8 eur) that should work. I'll begin with cheap components to test basic functionality, and if I needed I'll try with more expensive ones.
This is the receiver I am waiting for
New Stereo USB Bluetooth Audio Music Receiver Adapter on eBay
These are the other filters I tried without success:
two new ground loop isolators
two power supply filters (I left these installed, but I am sure with no effect)
I even tried to buy the original Samsung Galaxy Tab Car Adapter (the compatible one stop to works weeks ago...), but noises was always present
However, 90% of the time I have no problem and enjoy my new install so much!
Later I'll post the first image of the FINAL install
I haven't yet described Step 4 (software setup) because I jumped to step 5 (testing), but I'll do it as soon as possible!