BMW E46 Android install (INCLUDES BUILD LOG / DIY)
This is my attempt at installing the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 into a BMW E46
Key goals and achievements:
- OEM look (thanks to Rich for an awesome bezel (http://www.mybimmer.net/CarPCLCD.htm))
- Kept original BMW stereo system in place
- Ease of use
- Ability to control volume level using steering wheel controls.
- Never needing to use tablet's hardware buttons (app replacements and booting the tab automatically if it is OFF).
- DLNA WiFi router + portable HDD
.. Still working on IBUS integration.
Enjoy the photos and video below :)
An article on how i built this can be found here: www.bmdroid.co.nz
Since the photos were taken, the tablet has been upgraded to CM10 with JellyBean