1982 Lincoln Continental Carputer install (NEW PICS 2-1-04)
(UPDATED PICTURES ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SECOND PAGE 2-1-2004) Well, I finally got my new carputer installed, below are some pics of the build process and installation. I had already installed the 10.4" touchscreen into the dash on the previous install, and I didn't take any pictures :(. Well, here it is:
My 1982 Lincoln! I love this car, too bad it is so old, new problems seem to pop up on me just as fast as I fix the previous ones.
A fresh sheet of Acrylic (Plexiglass) ready to be turned into a case
My brand new M10000 Nehemiah board!!
My new power supply, with all the unessentials stripped off, (ie: Pentium 4 connector, case, etc.. )
This is the ONLY bit I have found yet for a dremel that cuts plexi easily, too bad it is $15 alone.
Slicing a slit into the plexi with my dremel
continued of above thread
Breaking the plexi along the seam I just cut
A pile of cut panels,, I hope I measured right :D
Epoxying the bottom and three of the sides in place
Skipping a few steps: I realised I had a flaw in my plans, I was going to GLUE the top panel on! leaving me no access to the guts of my carputer, I quickly ran to the local hardware store and bought these little hinges
My Epia and two hard drives installed, not a millimeter to spare on the bottom, looks like I measured right :D
The future front panel, with power plug, and power switch installed