2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited
Well after finding this site back in October I started planning my CarPC ... Now about 5 months later I finally have a good part of my system in.
I guess the pics are more exciting so I'll list them first ... They're a little bigger than the requested max (about 50k @ 640x480) so hopefully it won't get pulled.
I have lots more pics on my site: http://gallery.jackshakes.com/carputer/
The PC is hidden in the center console:
I fabricated this dash piece using a spare from the junk yard ... I made a wooden frame for the LCD so I didn't have to ruin my lilliput casing:
- Via M10000, 256MB RAM, 12Gig Laptop HD (it was free)
- PW-70a & Carnetix 1280
- Soundblaster Extigy
- USB GPS Mouse from eBay
- Running MediaCar (in the pics, use frodoplayer now and centrafuse when 1.3 is released)
- Using Routis for GPS
- 7 Port USB Hub
- Bluetooth adapter
- 8 in 1 Memory Card Reader
The USB hub, BT adapter, & Mem Reader are under the front seat, forgot to take a pic.
Still to do
- Install DVD Player (in a temporary location)
- Get a better Power Solution and power the USB hub from it. (done, Carnetix)
- Get the bluetooth adapter talking with my T610 for internet access
- Hide the IR receiver for my keyboard and Lilliput. (done)
I'll add more as i think of it .... and I'll update this thread as my system evolves.
I could talk more about the setup but i figure i'll just let you guys look through the pics and ask whatever questions and give any comments you have.
thanks for the input!
And special thanks to the following users:
and anyone else who's given me help/advice!
A few spec changes noted above. I've ditched the ITPS and now use the Carnetix 1280 with the PW-70a. It's a better solution by far. other than that and a few minor adjustments, the system's been going strong.