I used glue to attach the MDF pieces to the sides of the bezel. The LCD and guts are then reinstalled and the back side of the original housing is reattached with the original screws. An MDF 'box' is then glued to the backside of the LCD housing. At that point, I drilled holes and attached the OEM headunit brackets. I aligned everything by(left/right before glueing box, up/down and front/back before drilling holes) sitting the LCD/box on a desk along side the headunit and made marks with a pencil.Originally Posted by DLe via PM
I spent several weeks installing everything because I didn't have ALL that I needed when I started. Truth be told, I'm still working on it (cleaning up wiring, etc). I spent several days thinking about the bezel and mount but actually made it in one weekend.