Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Honda Civic 01 - Touchscreen Carputer

  1. #31
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    26
    What advantages do I have if I go WinXP Pro versus Home edition?


    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer
    Looking good.


    picture 3. obviously the bass was quite heavy, hence the camera shake.


    Windows XP home urrrgghhhh. get Pro mate.



    Wild guess here but I reckon the paint on the outside has a blue tint to it.

  2. #32
    Maximum Bitrate Yuriy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by norek
    What advantages do I have if I go WinXP Pro versus Home edition?
    Advanced options for network resource sharing (very useful IMO), more customization, etc, etc. Basically you don't want to go with XP Home unless you're completely clueless about computers and want to have the famous "troubleshooter" and "windows help center" load every time something happens without even asking you. It's so incredibly annoying. I'm using it right now.
    00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
    Newest install - my quickest ever
    My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
    My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

  3. #33
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,618
    Quote Originally Posted by norek
    What advantages do I have if I go WinXP Pro versus Home edition?


    Quote Originally Posted by Yuriy
    Advanced options for network resource sharing (very useful IMO), more customization, etc, etc. Basically you don't want to go with XP Home unless you're completely clueless about computers and want to have the famous "troubleshooter" and "windows help center" load every time something happens without even asking you. It's so incredibly annoying. I'm using it right now.

    yeah, that'll do for starters.

  4. #34
    Super Moderator xBrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuriy
    Advanced options for network resource sharing (very useful IMO), more customization, etc, etc. Basically you don't want to go with XP Home unless you're completely clueless about computers and want to have the famous "troubleshooter" and "windows help center" load every time something happens without even asking you. It's so incredibly annoying. I'm using it right now.
    Uh, well the advantages of Pro over Home are pretty minimal when it comes to a car computer. Not really worth paying for pro (if he pays for his software), and formatting his hard drive.
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.


    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

  5. #35
    Super Moderator xBrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by kickercivic1
    show off your project is going to be hijacked by civic's lol.
    As they have hijacked our roads, highways and freeways
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.


    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

  6. #36
    Maximum Bitrate Yuriy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by brady
    Uh, well the advantages of Pro over Home are pretty minimal when it comes to a car computer. Not really worth paying for pro (if he pays for his software), and formatting his hard drive.
    It's not worth it, of course, if he already owns Home
    00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
    Newest install - my quickest ever
    My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
    My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

  7. #37
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northridge CA
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by brady
    As they have hijacked our roads, highways and freeways
    ahha yes i know
    the only way to be unique with a civic is to stay stock.

  8. #38
    Whistle Tip pimpJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Metro, TX
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by dannn
    ahha yes i know
    the only way to be unique with a civic is to stay stock.
    haha
    I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

    www.neoterikos.com

  9. #39
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    223
    wweee im picking up my civic tomorrow! Anyone know if a lilliput 8" will fit some how? Anyone good with civics and can help me along the way with installing everything? Like where is the firewall hole to get wires in from the engine? What to remove in order to run the wires correctly? Seats and what not? and the most important.. how to remove the dash correctly!!! I would REALLY appreciate your help to make it look oem!!!!

  10. #40
    Takes it in the Rear kevinlekiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Where the penguins and polar bears live.
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow-Snow
    wweee im picking up my civic tomorrow! Anyone know if a lilliput 8" will fit some how? Anyone good with civics and can help me along the way with installing everything? Like where is the firewall hole to get wires in from the engine? What to remove in order to run the wires correctly? Seats and what not? and the most important.. how to remove the dash correctly!!! I would REALLY appreciate your help to make it look oem!!!!
    2 year old thread

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. 04 Honda Civic Type R
    By spaced_chris in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 11:42 PM
  2. Honda Civic 2000
    By bstancs1 in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 08:38 PM
  3. 2001 Honda Civic Sedan Carputer.
    By dannn in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 06:17 PM
  4. Buying a used car (Honda Civic) Input Needed!
    By bosstone74 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 06:01 AM
  5. '98 Honda Civic
    By appletech in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 11:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •