Some photos of my car and install Citroen Xsara VTS
Just wanted to keep a little log of my progress with my carpc.
My main goals with all of my install is to make it appear as stock as possible, but still nice and cool looking.
The setup is :
- Morex 2688 Case with 800 mhz epia and 256MB ram and 80gig drive
- ITPS running the auto startup shutdown (will be replaced by an m1-atx)
- Griffin Powermate for controlling player
- 8" Lilliput TS
- Creative MP3+ USB Soundcard
- PG ZPA0.3 Amp rated @ around 6-700Watts RMS bridged 1 ohm
- Crystex Emphaser 12" Sub @ 1000W RMS / 1800 W Peak
- Pioneer something up front ( can never remember the name)
- Crap amp for those pioneers
My setup is all located in the trunk underneath an MDF woodplate divided in the middle and covered with the same fabric as the rest of the trunk. On one side is the morex case and on the other side is my PG ZPA0.3 Subamp, driving a 12" Crystex Emphaser Sub rated @ 1000W rms and around 1800W peak, this thing weighs a lot :-) There is one 2x50W crap amp hidden under the seat now for the front which will be replaced soon.
I have bondoed the 8" into the original dash and moved some stuff around to fit it, including sawing of stuff behind the dash to get the depth i needed :-(
What remains is finishing the rest of the dash when the weather allows it, and getting the power wiring for the sub amp beefed up. Also i wan't wireless support and some GPS functionality.
I have also been thinking of integrating my steering wheel controls into the pc with girder or so, i just can't find any specs on how the Citroen cars controls work.
Next after all that is upgrading the engine, it puts out 170bhp stock on a 2,0 engine, not that bad, i am gonna change some components and piston bore to get 2,4L out of it, new engine managment and 250-260 bhp should be in reach and some killer torque.
Here is some pictures including the ones when i broke the TS overlay the first time i tried to put it in the dash :-(
Please give some comments.