Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 128

Thread: 2003 Focus Zetec Car-PC Install

  1. #81
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    Looking awesome Wizz!!! Is that "foil" covering the windows (I'm sure it's not, as it looks superb ?

  2. #82
    Maximum Bitrate wizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Leicestershire UK
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris
    Looking awesome Wizz!!! Is that "foil" covering the windows (I'm sure it's not, as it looks superb ?
    If you mean "film", suprisingly it is ! But I had it done professionally and I think the Guy (who was also local, by the way) did a really good job

    There is no way I could have afforded to replace all the glass with special tinted ones, but I am well pleased with the results, and it makes the video output on the screens look 100% better

    PS: I think those cheap chrome spinners are the pits

    Wizz
    Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
    Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
    Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

  3. #83
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz
    If you mean "film", suprisingly it is ! But I had it done professionally and I think the Guy (who was also local, by the way) did a really good job

    There is no way I could have afforded to replace all the glass with special tinted ones, but I am well pleased with the results, and it makes the video output on the screens look 100% better

    PS: I think those cheap chrome spinners are the pits

    Wizz

    Indeed, it looks really nice...

    Actually if you look carefull, I don't have chromed spinners...

  4. #84
    Maximum Bitrate wizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Leicestershire UK
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris
    Indeed, it looks really nice...

    Actually if you look carefull, I don't have chromed spinners...
    I DID That's my way of agreeing with you

    Now the very expensive, elaborate ones, and providing youv'e got a very expensive 4 track, now that is a different thing. But they would NOT look right on a Focus...would they

    Wizz
    Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
    Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
    Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

  5. #85
    Low Bitrate Henry Winx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Derbyshire/Cirencester UK
    Posts
    88
    looking good mate! One thing I would add to the rear is a smoother rear wiper arm, from a peugeot, a lot of people on the ffoc.co.uk forums have done this and I reckon it woould finish the back end nicely!

    Would love to have my windows tinted again, but insurance say no
    =======================================
    EPIA M10000, Kingston 256MB, 40G 2.5" HDD, 40G 3.5" HDD, LG slim CD/DVD,
    Customised Cubid 2699R, Xenarc 7" moulded in dash, Opus 90w, bu-303

  6. #86
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz
    I DID That's my way of agreeing with you

    Now the very expensive, elaborate ones, and providing youv'e got a very expensive 4 track, now that is a different thing. But they would NOT look right on a Focus...would they

    Wizz
    They're actually golden spinners... (Andy's joke... )

    I'm tinting my car as well this week. I already have the back tinted, but I'll replace the film with a lighter shade one...I'll also do the front.

  7. #87
    Maximum Bitrate wizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Leicestershire UK
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Winx
    looking good mate! One thing I would add to the rear is a smoother rear wiper arm, from a peugeot, a lot of people on the ffoc.co.uk forums have done this and I reckon it woould finish the back end nicely!
    :
    OK, Thanks Henry...thats a good tip, I'll check them out at ffoc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Winx
    Would love to have my windows tinted again, but insurance say no
    Why ? You crashed your 'Cus or something

    Wizz
    Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
    Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
    Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

  8. #88
    Low Bitrate Henry Winx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Derbyshire/Cirencester UK
    Posts
    88
    no I had them tinted a few years ago very briefly, but took them off, insurance now (fleet) wont allow them!!
    =======================================
    EPIA M10000, Kingston 256MB, 40G 2.5" HDD, 40G 3.5" HDD, LG slim CD/DVD,
    Customised Cubid 2699R, Xenarc 7" moulded in dash, Opus 90w, bu-303

  9. #89
    Maximum Bitrate wizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Leicestershire UK
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Winx
    looking good mate! One thing I would add to the rear is a smoother rear wiper arm, from a peugeot, a lot of people on the ffoc.co.uk forums have done this and I reckon it woould finish the back end nicely!
    There you go Henry

    Any more bright ideas before I lock up my wallet and throw away the key ?
    You're costing me a fortune.....but Thanks anyway

    PS: It's from a C3

    Wizz

    Before/After
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
    Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
    Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

  10. #90
    Maximum Bitrate wizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Leicestershire UK
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Winx
    no I had them tinted a few years ago very briefly, but took them off, insurance now (fleet) wont allow them!!
    That's a bummer
    Very restricted if it's "fleet" Hey...

    Wizz
    Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
    Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
    Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Similar Threads

  1. How2 control CarPC from key fob....
    By NotchbackVW in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 05:27 PM
  2. Mercedes E200 Saloon Car PC Install (update)
    By sajeev in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-26-2004, 06:16 PM
  3. basic car pc idea
    By Joseph in forum Newbie
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 02:04 PM
  4. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 09:50 PM
  5. HU selection with CAR PC in the future...
    By Oracle in forum Newbie
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 03:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •