Here some more pics. Thanks.
Hi Guys, well after reading and viewing your setups, I decided to do it myself. I know I can't compare to some of your guys setup, but I just wanted to share my work. This was a fun project and will be looking to change the setup in the future, right now, I did it the easy way just to get started and have fun with it. Thanks to all of you here, you guys have have provided so much info.
Indash Lilliput 7" screen
Dell laptop / removed the broken LCD screen
P3 700, 256 RAM, 60 HDD, XP, Centrafuse (Thank you Centrafuse), Delorme w/ USB Earthmate, Netstumbler, Orinoco Gold card, 30 gig MP3
Kenwood 979 HU, MB Quart Ref components, 2 JL Audio amps, 1 12" JL audio subwoofer.
Viper pager alarm, w/ automatic window
10.4 Eiger vision flip down screen (for the kids) Valor DVD
Here some more pics. Thanks.
I do have a lot more pics...but this should be it for now. Thanks.
I like it! Nice and simple like I hope to get mine. Good Job.
Oh I forgot to mention that I have to manually turn on the laptop, just as simple as opening the glove compartment, hit the on button, close the glove box. Also, the battery is dead on the laptop, before I get out of the car, I hit the exit button on Centrafuse and the PC goes into Hibernate. Only takes less than 10 seconds to hibernate.
Does the monitor swivel right and left? or is that something you did.
Yes, it swivels right or left. which is a cool thing, you can even point it down or up to adjust from the glare of the sun.
was that the enclosure from digitalww? i was thinking of doing it...
you didnt go for the flush in dash piece?
next - wifi
Wow, looks like you added lots of stuff there -- and you still have the new car sticker in your window!
Did you mount an inverter in the passenger kick panel? Also, what are the 3 RCA/Coax jacks there? Maybe you can tell us a bit more about your system to go with the pictures.
Nice truck btw!
nsmoller - yes the indash setup is from Digitalww. Thanks Armen.
Not sure what the flush setup looks like, is that for the lilliputs?
rando - Hello Sir, first off, your truck was the reason why I did this project, it's such a clean install, looked at your pics countless times. And you have great info.
- I got the truck last December so it's fairly new, traded my Tundra for it and it was one of the last 04 ($2000 rebate wasn't so bad too)
- Kick panel - Inverter/Video-Audio 2, that is what the 3RCA's are for. The inverter is located under the passenger seat, I extended the wires to the front kick panel. This setup was included when I purchased the DVD system, this is meant for external game consoles, video camera and etc.. My laptop's power is connected to that inverter.
- The DVD system also came with a AV switcher, which has an extra AV 1 connector, I connected the Lilliputs video to this so my wife can watch DVD in front.
- The laptop was almost a perfect fit, I had to cut a small hole on the bottom of the glove box so the VGA connector can fit.
- Recent upgrades - I just installed HID 8000K light system and my rear view camera just arrived, I will be intalling it this weekend.
- My HU has 2 auxillary ports - Port 1 is where my laptop sounds is connected to (I am using a braided Monster cable RCA jack from the laptop's speaker port to port 1. Port 2 is used for the DVD's surround sound)
I hope I gave enough info, please let me know I missed something. Thanks.