I have a question Thrice,
I got a 2000 montaineer and it has the same dashboard like urs. Now I'm in the middle of deciding either IPod setup or Carputer setup.
- how clear can u navigate and view ur screen from ur driverseat?
- is it easy to read while u drive?
- how does the sun effect the screen since its almost vertical located?
- any tips? or anything else that you would have done different from the beginning
I'll try to answer your Q's
1) Quite easily
2) yes I have not had any problems
3) this is the kicker, it effects the previous question tremendiously. I'll take some photos of mine sometime. The only time the sun is a real issue is if I have my sun roof open, or I have a pessenger with a white or other light colored shirt. The reason is.. the light comes from the outside, reflects from the other shirt, bounces off the screen and to your eyes.
4) different? I would have changed the angle of which I installed mine. to eliminatre the passenger problem. I would take a mirror and sitting in your seat andjust it until it is reflecting to the darkest spot possible (roof most likely).
thanks for the information bro,.. can u show me some pics of ur project? I'm about to order me the 7" touchscreen but at this time its out of stock... hopefully end of next week ... :)
where did u get the spraypaint? any particular brand or type? ...