Originally Posted by Cris
I have SO MUCH go wrong that to be honest I am just grateful that its in and working!! I will do something with it - not sure what however! :tard:
In the course of putting this in the car I have had:
- cigarette ligher fuse blow so auto-on wouldnt work
- Xenarc controller board blow up -BLACK SMOKE in the car. Had to replace screen.
- Car Battery Died
- Lost all sound from head unit when a transister blew in the AUX-IN and locked the phone kit into mute mode.
- My Mp3Car.com cd enclosure set on fire!! YES FIRE!!
- Opus fuse has blown twice
- Panasonic Slim Slot CDRW/DVD died.......was replaced by the place I bought it from.
- Touchscreen wouldn't work....had connected the touchscreen overlay the wrong way! :rolleyes:
- Scratched my touchscreen overlay when putting the Sat Nav housing into the car - since my first Xenarc screen was dead I switched it.....
- Burning smell comming from the screen housing again -turned out the magnets in the motor in the housing was causing the Xenarc transformer to overheat!
- Had to take out and put back in the Sat Nav housing 6 times!! :tard: Its a pain to do because its very tight space and you have to unscrew everything!
- Lost about a pint of blood and much more in sweat!! :P
I've almost killed myself doing this install and questioned why the HELL did I start this!!! Just want to enjoy it for a bit now!
I am thinking of making a "fake side" for it - but at the moment I just hope nothing else goes wrong....
Anyway....I'm not going to show anyone the boot! :D :lol: