Mac Mini installed in 2005 Mazda 3 Sedan
I've never posted here before but have been lurking for quite some time. The info I've found on this site and others have been very helpful in my project, which I just finished this week.
Here are the components I used in my installation:
* Mac Mini, 1.25ghz G4, 512meg ram, 40 gig HD, OS X 10.3 Panther
* Built in Bluetooth and Airport Extreme (wi-fi) cards
* Carnetix CNX-P1900 power supply with CNX-P5V additional 5v output
* Xenarc 700TSV 7" touch screen monitor
* Belkin 4 port USB 2.0 powered hub
* Griffin RadioSHARK radio module (modified)
* Griffin PowerMate USB volume control knob
* USGlobalSat BU-353 USB GPS Receiver (on its way to me)
* NO stereo head unit
* Kicker KX-200.4 4 channel amplifier, installed under driver's seat
* Kicker KX-250.2 2 channel amplifier, on back of rear seat in trunk
* Kicker Solo Baric 10" L5 Subwoofer, dual 2-ohm voice coils wired in series
* Kicker single 10" vented enclosure
* Apple wireless bluetooth keyboard and mouse
* Metra radio install kit for Mazda 3 (99-7504), modified for use as screen bezel
* Metra radio wiring harness/plug (70-7903)
The overall system is laid out like so:
And here's what the final product looks like:
To see a complete walkthrough with lots of pictures and descriptions, please check out my project page:
I am very much enjoying my new system, and would love to share ideas with other Carputer enthusiasts.
Thanks for checking out my install!