Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: 2003 Audi A8 install

  1. #11
    Variable Bitrate nitropwd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    bloomington,mn / moss point,ms
    Posts
    437
    ....I'm looking for a Transporter.

    Motherboard: Epox MATX
    Power: M2-ATX
    Storage: 120gb 3.5"
    Optical: Slim Slot cdrw/dvd
    Audio: SB Audigy 2
    GPS: BU-353 & iGuidance 4
    OS: Win FLP (Fundamentals)
    Frontend: Roadrunner (DFX 3 & 4)

  2. #12
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    Wow, the first A8 install. And great looking one as well.
    Great work on the skin too!

    So, what made you put a pc in that space ship? You already had most of the toys in there...



    Terran, the link doesn't work...

  3. #13
    FLAC Spaghetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Spagcave, in da UK Today's phrase: J'aime Alizee
    Posts
    1,716
    Quote Originally Posted by nitropwd
    ....I'm looking for a Transporter.
    Here you go....
    In da club....

    ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Bunny's first poo
    __ U

  4. #14
    MySQL Error Scouse Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    9,727
    sweet

  5. #15
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris
    So, what made you put a pc in that space ship? You already had most of the toys in there...
    Because I can and because no one had done it before

    The real reason was that despite - as you say - having all the kit, it can't play MP3s and only has a 6 disk CD changer. Due to the electrical design of the car (fibre-optic MOST bus) adding things such as a phat-box or Ice-Link for ipod is currently impossible.

    I just can't leave cars alone. I've never been able to leave a car stock for more than 50 miles after taking delivery.

  6. #16
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsnet
    Very nice... ( but I'd remove your reg IMHO ). You coming to the UK meet ?

    Terran
    Rekon so. Thanks for the info.

  7. #17
    The Vauxhall Vectra Project ccsnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Morecambe, Lancs, UK ( Just For The Moment )
    Posts
    2,680
    Cool.

    Terran

  8. #18
    Variable Bitrate MC_Stoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsnet
    Very nice... ( but I'd remove your reg IMHO ). You coming to the UK meet ?

    Terran
    Yeah, that looks like Smith Knight Fay in Stockport

    Lovely vehicle btw

    Going slightly off-topic, how are you finding that Sigma lens?

    I've also got a 10d and was looking for a wide-zoom.

    Any recommended suppliers? Cheapest I've found is £306 delivered.

    Ta,

    Stoo
    A calm approach in a troubled world...
    http://www.inside-guide.co.uk/CarPC

    CONSOLE_RR Project in progress...
    DC UK Forum

  9. #19
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    20
    It's not a bad lens. No vignetting but mine is a bit older than the ones you can get now. The new ones have the full time focus ring and are generally a bit sharper.

    The Sigma EX 12-24mm is the one I'd go for at the moment however.

  10. #20
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilot
    Because I can and because no one had done it before

    The real reason was that despite - as you say - having all the kit, it can't play MP3s and only has a 6 disk CD changer. Due to the electrical design of the car (fibre-optic MOST bus) adding things such as a phat-box or Ice-Link for ipod is currently impossible.

    I just can't leave cars alone. I've never been able to leave a car stock for more than 50 miles after taking delivery.


    Welcome to the club.

    This is something rather interesting for the A8...Skin in BMW i-Drive or Audi-"i Robot" Design

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Install (Lots of pics)
    By tbird2340 in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 11:21 AM
  2. 2002 Montero Limited Install...
    By Squid in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 04:41 PM
  3. '95 Audi A6 Install
    By dbassix in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 11:24 AM
  4. 2003 Custom In-Dash 7" Touchscreen Install
    By nirvanades in forum Fabrication
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 05:33 PM
  5. Audi A4 Dash Install Pics
    By surfer6262 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2002, 04:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •