This is the audio player (and with visualisation playing):
This is the On Screen Keyboard (OSK) for character input:
GPS Navigation. For this I'm using iGuidance. I wanted to use Destinator 3 with Map Monkey but the maps have errors where I live so it wasn't possible. iGuidance looks much better IMO anyway - working on a TomTom set up atm:
Video player (playing an episode of Top Gear):
Web Browser. I connect to the internet via a bluetooth connection to my mobile, which uses GPRS:
Utilities screen (other applications). Includes settings, windows explorer and games etc:
My carPC is running WindowsXP Pro with a styled windows appearance to match my skin. This is so that when error / message dialogues appear, they look as though they are part of the skin:
I will hopefully have some much better pics at some point. I just took these quickly while I was in the mood to write this!
This is my PC specification:
- OPUS case and 120W PSU from MP3Car.com Store with onboard 5.1 sound
- 512MB RAM
- Via EPIA SP13000 Mobo
- 100GB laptop drive
- Avermedia AverTV Hybrid DVB-T/Analogue TV + FM Radio PCI card
- Belkin Bluetooth adapter
- Netgear WLAN USB dongle
- Logitech USB noise-reducing microphone (for when I get my phone integrated)
- IBUS serial interface in order to use my car's steering wheel controls
- HOLUX GR-213 USB GPS receiver
- Xenarc 7" touchscreen
I've also installed a handy USB port and reset button just below my AC controls (see pics above) just incase the PC freezes. The USB port has been VERY handy. I can plug in a mouse/keyboard for when I need to change settings etc.
The install took around 3 days after everything was ready to go in - this includes installing a subwoofer and amplifiers.
LEFT TO DO:
- Get the FM radio working properly
- sort out my slight alternator whine - I have a ground loop in my speaker set-up somewhere that needs eliminating
- Mount my tv aerial in the rear in order to get decent reception without obscuring the view
- mount my FM aerial to get decent reception without obscuring the view
- Complete my RoadRunner skin and release it officially
- Find some damn way of getting tomtom onto the PC!
- Get PhoneControl.Net working with my phone (P910i) so that I have my PC as handsfree
- complete my PC car security system - I'm working on a system to use the PC to be able to use webcams / mics / gps to capture and track criminals in the event the alarm has been triggered
This is what I hope to write-up in the near future:
X (NOW COMPLETE) All my expenses to the penny (there were a lot of them!) SEE LATER IN THREAD
- Full write-up of the install
- Many more detailed pics
- My experiences with skinning and a download of the skin I have made
- Links to all the posts on this forum I used and found very helpful
- Alist of the problems I faced (and am facing) and their solutions
Feel free to ask any questions - I will help you to the best of my ability.