It's been about 6 months since I finished my install. I gues it's time to share my pics and experience.
Lots of photos of the install and fabrication here:
My worklog posted on my site:
To start with, I have a 2002 Ford Ranger Truck.
My Parts List:
- VIA EPIA 10000 1GHZ Nehemiah
- M1-ATX DC-DC Power Supply
- Lilliput 70NP - 7" LCD Touchscreen
- Kingston Technology 512MB 266MHZ PC2100 DIMM Memory
- Western Digital Scorpio 60GB Notebook Hard Drive 5400rpm
- StarTech IDE4044 - IDE Hard Drive Cable Adapter - 2.5" to 3.5"
- iTrek GPS Mouse
- Buffalo USB2 Wireless
The PC in action. Just to the right of the screen is an USB port. At the bottom is the DVD player and reset switch.
The OC and Amp behind the seat. Mounted vertically.
The WiFi Adapter behind the passenger seat. The external antenna wire runs under the seat into the glovebox.
The external anetnna.