Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Custom Dash, Console, Woofer Box

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    60

    Custom Dash, Console, Woofer Box

    Go to http://www.undefinedcustoms.com/memberrides/daryl.htmland check it out and let me know what you think.

  2. #2
    Variable Bitrate Redian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    399
    my god...

    that is ******* amazing man.


    great job
    2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

    I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

    "When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

    DG4L

  3. #3
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    62
    Holy fiberglass batman! Thats a lot of glass work. A lot of really nice glass work. Keep up the good work.

    Todd
    EPIA MII 1200, M1-ATX PSU, 1GB PC2100, 80 gig Hitachi HD, Pioneer DVD-RW, Delorme GPS, Lilliput 8"

  4. #4
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    Any reason for just mounting the EQ and the Cap on the top of the console and not going through with integrating them more...??

    All that work on the dash and the center console only to sit an EQ on the center console and screw it in?

    Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine.....but then again, I'm quite anal....lol

    and btw - I'm moving this to the show off forum...since that's what this is....a show off...
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  5. #5
    Raw Wave EsKALad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,102
    wow is someone jeleous of the skillz!??
    i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

  6. #6
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    not at all.

    at the risk of starting something here, building a dash like that it's all that complicated, just takes time and patience.

    I've ALWAYS hated seeing equipment just stuck on top of a custom piece.

    All that time to build the custom piece, then you just screw the equipment on top of it.

    Many of the members of our team have their equipment mounted like this. I've always hated it. Every time Monte and I see it we both look at each other and say the same thing. Just why not finish it out!? Why not take a little more time and integrate it?

    It's not jealousy, it's simply pointing something out. If you're going to show it off, you better be ready to have it picked apart.

    Take the speakers in the dash. Went through the trouble to hide the mounting points...yet....the radio is just mounted to the dash...didn't mold in the trim ring.

    Same with the EQ and the cap. Why not recess the EQ and have those mounting points hidden? The cap? I've seen some cool things done with caps, things that make the install heads and shoulders above the average install.

    It's simply a question, simply an observation...sorry I didn't drool all over it and bow down on my knees....lol
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  7. #7
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Red GTi VR6 View Post
    not at all.

    at the risk of starting something here, building a dash like that it's all that complicated, just takes time and patience.

    I've ALWAYS hated seeing equipment just stuck on top of a custom piece.

    All that time to build the custom piece, then you just screw the equipment on top of it.

    Many of the members of our team have their equipment mounted like this. I've always hated it. Every time Monte and I see it we both look at each other and say the same thing. Just why not finish it out!? Why not take a little more time and integrate it?

    It's not jealousy, it's simply pointing something out. If you're going to show it off, you better be ready to have it picked apart.

    Take the speakers in the dash. Went through the trouble to hide the mounting points...yet....the radio is just mounted to the dash...didn't mold in the trim ring.

    Same with the EQ and the cap. Why not recess the EQ and have those mounting points hidden? The cap? I've seen some cool things done with caps, things that make the install heads and shoulders above the average install.

    It's simply a question, simply an observation...sorry I didn't drool all over it and bow down on my knees....lol
    There are actually 2 reasons I did it. I was going to be competing in IASCA and in their rule book you have to be able to basically get to all of your connections on your equipment in a reasonable amount of time or you get points deducted. I love having stuff mounted from the back. Only problem with that is, I would have to take my passenger seat out to get the box because of the way it forms onto the console. Then of course get the console out to get to all of my wiring. In the design process I was actually going to mount it from behind. That is the reason it was made like it was but after reviewing the book I had to change it. But now I am not going to be competing so it doesn't matter I guess LOL Plus there is NO room inside the front of a regular cab chevrolet truck. Everything is crammed in there as it is. It was my first dash and console anyway. I've got an older blazer that I am about to start on here soon and I am going to glass everything in it. Also if you will notice I didn't mount the cap on the console. I just used that spot for my air ride switches. I'm still working on the truck right now. I've still got to build door panes, amp rack, and a trim panel for behind the seats. And I didn't post it on here to get anyone to bow down or drool over it. It was just a post to get people to view my website and maybe give some ideas to some other people. It's just something that I enjoy doing in my spare time.

  8. #8
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Plano/College Station, TX
    Posts
    183
    I think it's really awesome! I don't think Red is trying to belittle your work, she acknowledged the time and patience to do it! You've got your reasons for building it that way, and I think it suits you perfectly. Good luck with your competitions, I'm sure you'll do great! It's just another meeting of differing opinions on the internet folks =)

  9. #9
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremekustomz View Post
    There are actually 2 reasons I did it. I was going to be competing in IASCA and in their rule book you have to be able to basically get to all of your connections on your equipment in a reasonable amount of time or you get points deducted.
    good reasoning, but then again I ask why a painted dash when you're competing in SQ - thus the reason it didn't come to mind).

    It was my first dash and console anyway.
    Quite impressive!

    I've got an older blazer that I am about to start on here soon and I am going to glass everything in it.
    Be sure to post pictures, I'd love to see the work.

    Also if you will notice I didn't mount the cap on the console. I just used that spot for my air ride switches.
    I noticed that as well.

    And I didn't post it on here to get anyone to bow down or drool over it.
    Not saying you did...I made the comment in response to Eskalad.

    It was just a post to get people to view my website and maybe give some ideas to some other people.
    Are you aware that this site is dedicated to CarPCs?

    It's just something that I enjoy doing in my spare time.
    I completely understand. It something we do in our spare time as well. Quite enjoyable.

    I actually don't look forward to being done with a project. I enjoy the process too much...lol

    Anywho, welcome to the site.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  10. #10
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead61 View Post
    I don't think Red is trying to belittle your work, she acknowledged the time and patience to do it! \
    Not at all, asking a question. However, some people (apparently not the OP) don't understand that...lol

    Good luck with your competitions, I'm sure you'll do great!
    Read it again....he's not competing...
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 97
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 01:56 PM
  2. Need Help with my custom console to house 8" Lilli
    By Gordinho80 in forum Fabrication
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-03-2004, 04:04 PM
  3. custom dash?
    By Jamez_Warner in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2003, 05:53 PM
  4. custom dash making....
    By ifnh573 in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2001, 12:39 AM
  5. Plastic moldings for custom dash
    By mykolJay in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2000, 12:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •