Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 1999 Acura TL

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate iselfdevi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    71

    1999 Acura TL

    I used a Metra kit and cut up the useless stock cd holder and used bonda/glazing to flush everything. Under the screen is my radio. Its an Alpine, its off so its face is folded in.




  2. #2
    Constant Bitrate bluehcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    183
    you are probably using the same paint as i do, metallic textual paint KRY101. U should used flat black paint to match your rest of the oem look
    2006 Camry
    Compaq Laptop
    Holux GPS Iguidance 3.0
    7" Xenarc Touch Screen
    Carnetix 1900 Power Supplied, Wireless b/g

  3. #3
    Low Bitrate iselfdevi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    71
    Ive used flat black in many of my projects and it always looked like crap. flat black isnt a great "finish" paint IMO. so i was thinking of painting the rest of my console the same metallic black.

  4. #4
    FLAC is for flaccid parksgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by bluehcc View Post
    you are probably using the same paint as i do, metallic textual paint KRY101. U should used flat black paint to match your rest of the oem look
    Umm, try a semi-gloss or satin finish, which are both widely available (which means HD, Lowe's, or Wally World)...there's not much in a car interior that's truly "flat" with the exception of rubber trim.

  5. #5
    Low Bitrate iselfdevi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by parksgm View Post
    Umm, try a semi-gloss or satin finish, which are both widely available (which means HD, Lowe's, or Wally World)...there's not much in a car interior that's truly "flat" with the exception of rubber trim.
    i tried those already, many many times. not a big fan of those finishes. i guess because ive used them so many times before. i came to find out that when i used this metalic finish, it kinda hides the inperfections. thats why i like it.

  6. #6
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    186
    You have any working progress pictures? I have a 02 TL and I'll be doing the same thing...moving the HU down to the ashtray area...I would like to know how you cut the piece and how you mount/secure the HU

    BTW....looks very nice!

  7. #7
    I see dead kittens Quattro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,922
    Quote Originally Posted by iselfdevi View Post
    i tried those already, many many times. not a big fan of those finishes. i guess because ive used them so many times before. i came to find out that when i used this metalic finish, it kinda hides the inperfections. thats why i like it.
    use flat black like you normaly would. Then for your last coat, mist the flat black from 2 feet away. You'll get a percet OEM look.
    Installed
    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

    Check Out My Install!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Acura TL owners - LCD help
    By FiSKARZ in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 05:07 PM
  2. Weird 04' Acura TL Alpine OEM Nav video feed?
    By EggrollXpress61 in forum Newbie
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 09:11 PM
  3. Acura TL 2004 touchscreen install
    By moahdib in forum Fabrication
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-22-2006, 11:00 AM
  4. 1999 Acura TL Carputer V1
    By MikeyTampa in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 06:04 PM
  5. help on kenwood kvt-911 and aftermarket HU 00 Acura TL
    By KiDWiTh2kTL in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 11:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •