I removed the entire center piece of my dash, sanded off the finish of the lillipt, lined it up and got this
then, using an old soldering iron that I don’t use for soldering, I plastic welded the lilliput housing to the oval radio mount where I wanted it. This is a great technique I learned about on these forums, try it out if you get a chance. I think it will work when bonding any thermoplastics (plastics than can be melted and will return to the same state after cooling.) in my case I know the radio mount is ABS, and the plastic I used for the connections (legos) are also ABS. I’m not sure but I believe the lilliput housing is as well. The key is to get both connections hot enough to fuse together, rather than melting one connection onto another, if that makes sense.
Once I finished plastic welding the frame together, I gave it a few solid flexes to check out the durability. All went well, as the connections actually cool and form a single piece, rather than two pieces joined together. Now it was time to fill in the front surrounding the housing. To do this, I put masking tape across the entire front of the lilliput frame to shape the front, as I will be applying bondo hair from the back side of the frame. Everything was cleaned using denatured alcohol many times throughout this project. I might forget to mention it, but anytime I wanted something to stick to something else, it was cleaned thoroughly with denatured alcohol. I mixed the bondo hair and stuffed it in from behind, trying my best to mash it toward the masking taps to form a smooth front. Aafter it dried, I remved the masking tape. So far so good.
I sanded and roughened up the front and cleaned so body filler would stick.
taped off the lilliput housing piece so I didn’t get bondo in the accent lines or button holes