Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: 2000 Jetta GLX - Part 1

  1. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by DJiK View Post
    Hey Roberto,

    If you're near the San Fernando Valley, I've got a brand new Slim Bluetooth Dongle for sale for $12.
    Lemme know if you want it and you're close by.
    Thanks for the Offer, but I'm in Las Vegas.

    Thanks Man.

  2. #12
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoLV View Post
    Well I use the ground loop isolator to XM Radio, becuase before to use the XM Radio Give a very bad Noise when I runned my car, so this ground loop isolator is so easy to connect One side is the RED and WHITE Input, the Other Side RED and WHITE Output, NO POWER CONNECT and NO MORE NOISE, is excellent.

    @ Chomo , México D.F. ¡a Web-O!
    I know what a ground loop isolator is and how they work. They are designed to be hooked up easily because the idea is that you only hook them up temporarily. You hook them to each component and when the noise goes away, you know which one it's coming from.

    You could have a ground loop, you could have EMI or radiated noise, who knows. If you want to do an install right, eliminating noise is part of the process. Using a ground loop isolator is just a band-aid for the problem, it's not a solution, it just covers it up.

    Never let power and signal leads cross or run near each other, if they must cross do so at a 90 degree angle, use ground points with the same electrical potential, use ground points that are as close as possible from the device being grounded, don't use factory wiring since they are often linked to many other electronics in the car, crimp/solder connections properly, etc. All these things are methods for properly installing a system so that you won't get any noise.

  3. #13
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonraker View Post
    I know what a ground loop isolator is and how they work. They are designed to be hooked up easily because the idea is that you only hook them up temporarily. You hook them to each component and when the noise goes away, you know which one it's coming from.

    You could have a ground loop, you could have EMI or radiated noise, who knows. If you want to do an install right, eliminating noise is part of the process. Using a ground loop isolator is just a band-aid for the problem, it's not a solution, it just covers it up.

    Never let power and signal leads cross or run near each other, if they must cross do so at a 90 degree angle, use ground points with the same electrical potential, use ground points that are as close as possible from the device being grounded, don't use factory wiring since they are often linked to many other electronics in the car, crimp/solder connections properly, etc. All these things are methods for properly installing a system so that you won't get any noise.

    Thank You spoonraker, I'll to try to do that (everything about system cars is new for me).

  4. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13
    Very nice. They keyboard looks like a Logitech Knockoff minus the PS2 Controller part.


    What case are you using for the computer?

  5. #15
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by microchip13 View Post
    Very nice. They keyboard looks like a Logitech Knockoff minus the PS2 Controller part.


    What case are you using for the computer?
    Hi Microchip, well the Case and all the parts is from Lilliput Company, they give me AIO (Monitor & CPU), so I just installed in my Car.

    Roberto.

  6. #16
    Newbie kat0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9
    Hola oye el servicio de radio Xm esta disponoble en mexico tambien?

  7. #17
    Constant Bitrate stangg172006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Morton Grove, IL (Northside Chicago)
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by kat0 View Post
    Hola oye el servicio de radio Xm esta disponoble en mexico tambien?
    nope
    http://www.xmradio.com/help/faqs/availability.xmc
    '08 VW Rabbit S 2.5

    Carputer Progress:
    Design:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 100%
    Fabrication:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]100%
    Installation:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 80%

    In trouble...

  8. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by kat0 View Post
    Hola oye el servicio de radio Xm esta disponoble en mexico tambien?
    En realidad No, pero si puedes que alguien lo contrate de Estados Unidos lo puedes usar en México sin ningun problema.

    Saludos.

  9. #19
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,084
    Wow, te tardo mucho tiempo contestar...

    Tu CarPC esta muy padre...



    Rafa

  10. #20
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    24
    sweet installation man thinking about doing the same on my max. have a quick question about the flipot. does it have a inbuilt radio tuner b/c i saw one on ebay and said it got a built in FM tuner and if it does how is the reception on it compared to factory unit
    thanks
    D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. 1997 VW Jetta GLX - Carputer 2.0
    By Iatrogenic2 in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 10:20 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 02:02 AM
  3. What is this part called????
    By welthqa in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 03:29 AM
  4. windows 2000, xp and EPIA 800
    By samc in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2003, 09:41 PM
  5. 12V SPDT RELAY, correct part no.???
    By odin836 in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2002, 08:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •