* Provide location tracking
, route planning/GPS navigation
* Using your GPS
receiver, store logs of locations vs speed and time of day. This could be uploaded to a collaborative site for predicting travel times vs time of day. (very useful in areas where freeway congestion is variable)
* Provide real-time tracking
of vehicle location.
* Get live traffic data (requires GPS
that supports this)
* Combined with wireless internet
use mapping software
) or web pages with live display or to route or do geographic searches.
* Improve Nav performance during GPS outages (in tunnels and under bridges) by integrating data from gyroscope and compass units. These can also be used to increase the Nav position update rate.