(Note: This topic includes both wireless cellular services such as GSM, Edge, and EVDO as well as local wireless ethernet Wifi
, access point) connections which are different and should not be confused)
* Internet browsing through an eligible cell phone or wireless 802.11
* Wireless synchronization of files between desktop and carpc
: Use your 802.11 b or g wireless connection and GPS, locate and log locations of wireless access points.
* Use broadband internet phone options with cellular data card (Note that quality will be limited since cellular data normally has high latency).
* Download traffic/weather information from internet.
* Wireless Mobile Routers (e.g. Kyocera
KR1) when used with a wireless broadband card can turn your car into a wireless access point.