Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 180

Thread: HQCT software development

  1. #41
    Constant Bitrate Putput's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by mischka76 View Post
    hmmm.. interesting idea with the sockets.

    you could make two car-pc's.. one for the frontend and media, and another to process all the engine data, satnav calculations etc. interesting idea!
    Not 2 car-pc's, 1 pc with 2 cpu boards, like 2 nano boards or 1 nano and 1 mini-itx. Other advantage is that people can write there own applications in no matter what language on whatever platform. If a guy is a wizard with graphics he can write the visual part in .Net, another can develop OBDII in C. Also when an application fails the others can continue unless of course the entire system is down. One system could run on Windows for the nice pictures, the other could run on linux to work like a horse to gather data, process info, etc.. like you suggested. Just 2 (or more) boards and a network connection. Only things is that the protocol has to be a standard, then everything is possible I guess.

    Perhaps something to think about.

    Putput

  2. #42
    Low Bitrate Pishaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Putput View Post
    to let other people enjoy my great software and not have to wait for my frontend to be ready I inserted 1 parameter in the registry for each frontend application that is default set to 'stand alone', meaning that when started CPCTuner doesn't have to look for a server to respond to and can work as a standalone program. If you decide for this reason (or any other) not to work with CPCTuner anymore you can delete the CPCTuner.exe files and the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CPCSuite from your registry to get completely rid of it.
    Well, that key has already been set, and I have understood from your explanation that CPCTuner only needs read access to it.
    why not try opning that key as read only (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE has read-only permissions for a normal user) , if the key exist act as 'stand alone' else try to write it.
    that way you only have to run CPCTuner as administrator only once so it can write the key and afterwards you can run CPCTuner as a normal user and read the key with read-only access.

    Another way to make a 'Stand Alone' version is using #ifdef's (C++):
    Code:
    #ifndef STAND_ALONE_VERSION
    // Code to be exluded from the standalone version e.g: socket comunnications.
    .
    .
    .
    #endif //STAND_ALONE_VERSION
    I don't know if you can do that with delphi.

    /Me.

  3. #43
    Constant Bitrate Putput's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Pishaa View Post
    Well, that key has already been set, and I have understood from your explanation that CPCTuner only needs read access to it.
    why not try opning that key as read only (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE has read-only permissions for a normal user) , if the key exist act as 'stand alone' else try to write it.
    that way you only have to run CPCTuner as administrator only once so it can write the key and afterwards you can run CPCTuner as a normal user and read the key with read-only access.

    Another way to make a 'Stand Alone' version is using #ifdef's (C++):
    Code:
    #ifndef STAND_ALONE_VERSION
    // Code to be exluded from the standalone version e.g: socket comunnications.
    .
    .
    .
    #endif //STAND_ALONE_VERSION
    I don't know if you can do that with delphi.

    /Me.
    I'll change the read function in the getregistry call to read only, just didn't pay much attention to this because I used this parameter to make an easy and quick change between stand alone or not.
    And ifdef's also exist in Delphi, I don't think that there is anything in C++ that can't be done in Delphi, one way or another but that is not the issue here I guess. I used the registry instead of idef's so that I could change the parameter without having to re-compile the whole thing.

    The next release of CPCTuner is almost ready (I hope before the end of the weekend) and has some major changes. I added a settings window to adjust all CPCTuner parameters, existing and a lot of new parameters like balance, fader, a whole bunch of tuner settings and RDS. Also 2 volume buttons next to the slider.

    Putput

  4. #44
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Aylesbury, UK
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Putput View Post
    The next release of CPCTuner is almost ready (I hope before the end of the weekend) and has some major changes. I added a settings window to adjust all CPCTuner parameters, existing and a lot of new parameters like balance, fader, a whole bunch of tuner settings and RDS. Also 2 volume buttons next to the slider.

    Putput
    will this also include changes to the hqct.dll? what improvements can we expect here? did you solve the loss of frequency on hibernate?

  5. #45
    Constant Bitrate Putput's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by mischka76 View Post
    will this also include changes to the hqct.dll? what improvements can we expect here? did you solve the loss of frequency on hibernate?
    Sorry for the delay, family bussiness got in the way. So update not finished yet, still working on it. The hibernate problem is solved but needs some more testing, and any changes in CPCTuner are also reflected in the DLL because both use the same HQCT component as a base. This also means that the settings form will be available in the DLL. (see image) AF and traffic/news are also still under construction. The volume buttons are implemented and the registry call is made read only. Are there any other improvements that you expect?

    Putput
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  6. #46
    Low Bitrate Pishaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Putput View Post
    Are there any other improvements that you expect?

    Putput
    Could you add an explanation for each option in the configuration screen? (maybe balloon tool tip?)
    Another useful thing would be if you press somewhere in the frequency bar other then the knob, the would jump to that position.
    Thanks,

    /Me.

  7. #47
    Maximum Bitrate bes51659's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    851
    Does the HQCT support traffic information interruption?

  8. #48
    Constant Bitrate Putput's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by bes51659 View Post
    Does the HQCT support traffic information interruption?
    HQCT supports RDS which at its turn supports EON with data like traffic, AF and news. All RDS and EON decoding is finished, only thing necessary to get it working is to implement it in CPCTuner. I'm working on it right now together with the settings form. Al it takes is a little patience .

    Putput

  9. #49
    Maximum Bitrate bes51659's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    851
    Excellent! Thanks for the explanation.

  10. #50
    Newbie jpuype's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gent
    Posts
    54

    Skinning for HQCT

    Any one have an example / or could explain me how you can change from AM to Fm and vice versa when skinning for RoadRunner.
    Also everytime I start RRHQCT from my skin, it launched maximised and is clearly visible until the skin loads over it, anyway to suppress this ?

    Sincerely,
    Jurgen

Similar Threads

  1. CarPal Bluetooth Module & Digimoto Software....A Very Good Combo..
    By jmciver in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 04:08 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2005, 01:38 PM
  3. MSDXM.OCX - Why oh why don't you fix that NOW?!
    By Zippy1970 in forum Media Engine
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 04:36 PM
  4. Software solution for gLCD-based car-mp3
    By Novgorod in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 07:59 PM
  5. My numpad controlled custom MP3Car software - need your opinions
    By PorscheMP3 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-11-2002, 10:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •