Original Version Here
RoadRunner Plugin Version
Firstly it has had a name change, it shall from hereonin be called Upd8.
What it does
- Checks for connection to remote location
- Automatically updates new folder and files (playlists and songs)
- Removes old folders/files (optional)
- Unlimited subdirectories
- User selectable file types or all types
- Visual indication of connection/no connection
- User Configure Utility
- Can be used with Memory Sticks (automatic detection of)
- Log of all transfers/deletions
- Indication of free diskspace
- Multiple Source Locations
- Multiple Destination Locations
- Tells RoadRunner to load Upd8 screen when new sync takes place (can be turned off)
- ftp access
- Resume copy after a disconnection
- Entering in of location paths within program rather than editing ini file.
1.0.83 Bug fixes
Corrected fault with it not copying folder with peroids in.
Corrected fault with it not copying system files (.jpgs created by media player)
It now saves sync method when changed in program.
limited to 2000 folders and 2000 files : fixed now 20,000 folders and 200,000 files
missing sync causes error : fixed whole path ignored now if sync and extension missing.
paths needed end \, this cause error : fixed adds \ if missing.
& doesn't show up and causes next letter to be underlined : This was a label display issue only now fixed.
Stops sync'ing all locations if current sync loses connection during mid sync. : fixed
Manual would not run if a succesful copy was done recently : fixed
Meters don't change when copying root folders : fixed.
Not all files copied for some reason : fixed, removed an extra check for whether the file exists, we already know it exists
Only first extension sync'd : fixed, change of method caused conflict.
Extract from the zip to your Road Runner (or any Front End) folder. This will create
a folder called Upd8. Run register.bat. Within the Upd8 folder there
is a folder called skins, I have enclosed a Default skin, BMV2. I have also enclosed
the corresponding upd8.skin file for this skin as well, this should have been copied
into the appropriate skin folder within RR.
Read the Readme.txt in the Upd8 folder for full instructions
This is a beta so I want those bug reports.
Also anything else you would like added to it list here.
At the moment it compares the modified date, so if changes were made it will copy the latest version or leave the newer version there.
But no it doesn't compare the files byte for byte. The way the program is written I can add that but it's likely to really slow it down (But I will see if there is an easy way to do that for the future maybe)
ooops Account deleted activated.
Signing up for this.... I think one of those was a mod I was after ages ago. I'll have to play but would it be possible for the app to say what the estimates size might be of the files selected ?
So if yiou have a 20GB drive and 40GB of music and select music you'll know when your going to run of space did you run it ....
Also can it be run standalone ? eg If its on a portable drive that is used in the car but when brought inside and connected to a desktop PC can just be run from that drive ?
Also - when selecting files / folder it might be good having the option to 'tick' trees like a lot of AV software does when you selecting which folder / subfolder you want to copy.
Lastly ( for the future ) a way of creating play lists / & correcting MP3 data on the fly while copying ( ie my HOWTO over on DC ).
(2)Doesn't need RoadRunner to run so can be run standalone, also you can run as many seperate copies as you want.
(3)The idea is for you to a have a location in the same format as that on your CarPC, I don't think I'll be adding a selectable folder option as it will complicate it too much. (Unless there is a lot of requests for it)
(4)Link? and explain what you mean by playlists M3u ones,Centrafuse ones?
1) The way I am thinking about using this it would not be an issue. I'll grab the mp3s off my home server on to my portable drive ( see my VRX log ) using my desktop computer inside.
3) I ask because v5 will have a portable drive to bring in the house to sync with rather than fully installed.
Download it and try it out.
The program can copy either way.
IE PC to USBDrive or USBDrive to PC, it's up to you how you set it up