Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: *UPDATE!*OBDII Manufacturer Database Version 2.0!!! Now Touch Friendly!

  1. #21
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    66
    What about some VW, AUDI ??

  2. #22
    Newbie AntiBNI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    36
    I will work on that request,give me 2 days cuz i have some stuff to do and i will post them

    *Edit*

    I have checked the Volkswagen/Audi Codes and they are still up to date.

    if you mean to post them,they are already included in the OBDII Manufacturer Database(With all Makers).rar

    Enjoy ^_^

  3. #23
    Maximum Bitrate vicky_obee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    562
    Guys Gr8 Jb
    But can some 1 pls add a Skoda as well

    Thanks
    Commell LV-677 DC 6 x 6" Mother Board
    2.6 GHz; 1 Gb Ram
    120 Gb Laptop HD
    7" InDash Xenarc MTD - X7000 Screen
    Gyration Mouse ; GPS Mouse ; ELM Scan ; TPMS
    Parrot MK 6000 & iPhone
    ----------
    Re done the carputer...Into the Glove Box !!

  4. #24
    Newbie Djole501's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    40
    Very nice work, good tool to have when offline. Maybe you could add generic codes also to have everything in one place if it's not too much work. Also you could make the window resizable to be able to integrate in front ends.

  5. #25
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    62
    Will Suzuki database work with Japan Domestic Model (JDM) Suzuki Swift Sport?

  6. #26
    Newbie AntiBNI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by vicky_obee View Post
    Guys Gr8 Jb
    But can some 1 pls add a Skoda as well

    Thanks
    Sorry for not answering faster,i was busy with college work.

    VW/Audi/Škoda codes are all the same (Same Manufacturer),You can use the VW or Audi codes for Škoda.

    But if it makes u happier to have a separated Škoda option in the list,add the new files inside the rar in the Manufacturers folder,replacing the old files.

    Quote Originally Posted by Djole501 View Post
    Very nice work, good tool to have when offline. Maybe you could add generic codes also to have everything in one place if it's not too much work. Also you could make the window resizable to be able to integrate in front ends.
    If you look carefully in the Manufacturers list you will see the Generic Option in the list,right above Geo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carz View Post
    Will Suzuki database work with Japan Domestic Model (JDM) Suzuki Swift Sport?
    Yes,It will work with all Suzuki Models.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  7. #27
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiBNI View Post
    Yes,It will work with all Suzuki Models.
    Thanks for replying.

    How do you actually use the database with scantool or any other pc-based scanner?

    I'm a noob in obdii and have yet to actually try one because feedback from fellow owners of the same make of my car, Suzuki Swift Sport JDM 2006 (Parallel Imported Car) is that it is not compatible. This was also confirmed by my local distributor through phone and their website (scroll to bottom).

    Swift Sport brought in by authorised Suzuki distributor for our local market work with scantool though.

    Thanks!

  8. #28
    Newbie AntiBNI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Carz View Post
    Thanks for replying.

    How do you actually use the database with scantool or any other pc-based scanner?
    Well,ScanTools (PC Based and Handhelds) don't have the manufacturers specific codes,
    (The ones that start with P1***) They only support generic codes (the ones that start with P0***).

    So,they will display the manufacturer specific code with no meaning.
    The database is used to check for the meaning of the manufacturer or generic code on the spot,without internet(u might be in the middle of nowhere).

  9. #29
    Newbie AntiBNI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    36
    Update Available:Generic

    Added new Powertrain codes:P2xxx, P34xx - P39xx


    How to: Move to Manufacturers folder replacing old file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  10. #30
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiBNI View Post
    Well,ScanTools (PC Based and Handhelds) don't have the manufacturers specific codes,
    (The ones that start with P1***) They only support generic codes (the ones that start with P0***).

    So,they will display the manufacturer specific code with no meaning.
    The database is used to check for the meaning of the manufacturer or generic code on the spot,without internet(u might be in the middle of nowhere).
    Thanks for the explanation.

    So the database is just for referencing and will not in anyway help me get a pc based scantool to work with my car?

    If I remember correctly, I was told scantool from scantool.net can't get past the initialization stage. Wondering what is missing to get a pc-based scantool to work with my car. It seems to be a common issue with most JDM cars as well.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Traffic Cams International v1.3.0 (1.4 Beta available)
    By Enforcer in forum Other Cool Stuff
    Replies: 681
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 10:48 AM
  2. RRTrafficCam - Traffic flow cameras - Status : Released
    By Enforcer in forum RR Plugins No Longer Supported
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 07:59 PM
  3. OBDII Signal Splitter (for Infiniti G35)
    By Caelric in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 08:32 PM
  4. Access 2003 help needed
    By veedubya in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 06:49 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-12-2004, 05:10 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •