Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Dual display front end

  1. #21
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by suneet_ag View Post
    Hijack,

    I am working on getting a dual display done.(am still in planning stage) Wanted to know:

    - Will Zotac ION with one VGA and one DVI serve the purpose. I have read in threads that the DVI port gives out only Digital signals. One person was not able to get it work on an Analog display (which I believe our lilliputs are) by using a converter.

    - How do you use multiple sound cards. For eg if want to route my DVD / video to say display 2 (rear screen) and at the same time want that the audio for the movie should be routed to headphones then how do I do it? I would still like my main music/gps to come out through my speaker set up

    Too many questions too few answers :-)
    OK, I do not know why companies are making pure DVI Digital ports on MoBo, I guess alot of people are using them with their large home LCD Hi def sets, which sucks for us.

    How many screens are you planning to install so I can give you the most info I can. If it is only 2 screens (main and rear). You will need a special adapter that goes on the screen. You cannot convert the PC from Digital to Analog, you instead have to convert the screen from Analog to Digital. Here is the part I used.

    http://www.hdfury.com/

    It is pricey, but it really does work. Now because my setup has a total of 8 screens I had to be creative. The VGA port on the mobo goes to the main screen (HU screen) then a DVI-D cable goes from the PC to the rear of the car. The HD FURY plugs into that, then into powered VGA splitters. From there it goes to all the screens in the back.

    Dual Zone audio has not come out yet. I actually designed the truck ahead of FLUX and CF. I knew they would come out with the feature so I designed my truck accordingly. Dual Zone Audio will not make it in the release of CF3.0 but will be in the future 3.1 - 3.2 version. We just gotta wait.

    As far as equipment setup for Dual Zone Audio, I have a small C-Media 7.1 virtual surround sound card. From that it runs to a small 100 watt amp to boost the signal, then it goes to 6 head phone jacks which are placed in each door. You may not need the AMP, but I used logic and I figured it would be ok if 1 or 2 people plug in headphones, but once 3 or 4 start to, the sound will start to go lower because the signal is being stretched across more headphone sets.

    The dual zone was being worked on, but it was kind of buggy. To get CF3 out faster, they put that on hold. So the feature is on the table, but has not been fixed.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  2. #22
    licensed to kill - FKA kev000
    Auto Apps:loading...
    tripzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    16.40618, 120.61106
    Posts
    2,560
    nGhost2 works with dual-zone video and audio. Audio is simply a matter of telling the instances of nGhost which audio device to use. I've never tried it, but in theory, that's all it should take.

    And although no skin exists for it yet, nGhost can create a control/communication link between all running instances. That way the driver can control the passenger instances.

    The Zotac ION does support dual out. But yeah, you'll probably need a dvi lcd. my in-dash xenarc has both. Liliputs are coming out with them in the future.
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

  3. #23
    licensed to kill - FKA kev000
    Auto Apps:loading...
    tripzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    16.40618, 120.61106
    Posts
    2,560
    HiJackZX1, from how much you know about CF3, I get the impression that you are probably beta testing it. In that case, you won't be able to admit to it because your probably under an NDA.

    :P
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

  4. #24
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by kev000 View Post
    nGhost2 works with dual-zone video and audio. Audio is simply a matter of telling the instances of nGhost which audio device to use. I've never tried it, but in theory, that's all it should take.

    And although no skin exists for it yet, nGhost can create a control/communication link between all running instances. That way the driver can control the passenger instances.

    The Zotac ION does support dual out. But yeah, you'll probably need a dvi lcd. my in-dash xenarc has both. Liliputs are coming out with them in the future.
    Really? nGhost has dual zone? Well let me get more info. Say for example I am listening to say Tiesto in the rear seats. There is a button that I push, infact its labeled push, and the audio will transfer to the front so you can hear it on the main speakers instead of headphone. Same with video. That is the #1 feature I think is what I like about CF's dual zone. Can nGhost2 do that?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  5. #25
    licensed to kill - FKA kev000
    Auto Apps:loading...
    tripzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    16.40618, 120.61106
    Posts
    2,560
    That is an interesting concept. I didn't know CF's dual-zone did that. Lemme think how that would work... You'd basically have to tell the front instance of nGhost to start playing the same stream at the same position. This can be done via the skin's "push" button action. I can't think of any code that would need to change to support that.

    Of course, it wouldn't be smart enough to know that the front may not want to listen/watch the same stream. For that, you'd need some sort of plugin to make it smarter.

    When I get some time/money, I'd like to setup a dual-zone setup in my car. I played with multi-touch over the summer for a contract. I'd really like to get that kind of setup going for myself. Then I can actually test out these theories in person.

    Note also that nGhost2 supports distributed dual-zone also. Which is more than one PC with one or more touchscreens/audio devices. nGhost maintains a communication link between all of them. I don't think CF or RR supports this.
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

  6. #26
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by kev000 View Post
    HiJackZX1, from how much you know about CF3, I get the impression that you are probably beta testing it. In that case, you won't be able to admit to it because your probably under an NDA.

    :P
    I am, but its a feature I have been talking about a long time. I also think they have mentioned that they will not have it in CF 3.0, so I am not mentioning anything that people already dont know.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  7. #27
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by kev000 View Post
    That is an interesting concept. I didn't know CF's dual-zone did that. Lemme think how that would work... You'd basically have to tell the front instance of nGhost to start playing the same stream at the same position. This can be done via the skin's "push" button action. I can't think of any code that would need to change to support that.

    Of course, it wouldn't be smart enough to know that the front may not want to listen/watch the same stream. For that, you'd need some sort of plugin to make it smarter.

    When I get some time/money, I'd like to setup a dual-zone setup in my car. I played with multi-touch over the summer for a contract. I'd really like to get that kind of setup going for myself. Then I can actually test out these theories in person.

    Note also that nGhost2 supports distributed dual-zone also. Which is more than one PC with one or more touchscreens/audio devices. nGhost maintains a communication link between all of them. I don't think CF or RR supports this.
    Well you could have a prompt come up asking if the front wants to allow the rear to send music forward or vise versa.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  8. #28
    licensed to kill - FKA kev000
    Auto Apps:loading...
    tripzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    16.40618, 120.61106
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    Well you could have a prompt come up asking if the front wants to allow the rear to send music forward or vise versa.
    True. You definitely could.
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. How to: Change windows shell
    By IntellaWorks in forum WinNT Based
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 07:29 PM
  2. Vag-Scope Heads Up Display / Front End
    By puter in forum RR Plugins
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 06:00 PM
  3. Searching for the right Front End
    By ninjatill in forum Newbie
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-10-2005, 02:47 PM
  4. This is an awesome front end, and here is why:
    By WhiteRabbit in forum NeoCar Media Center
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 09:43 PM
  5. Front end needed for semi commercial venture
    By Orange Bus in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-28-2005, 01:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •