software to say when the FE starts up screen 1 (in front) gets the music/dvd/navi software menu
the 2 in the back get dvd/headphone options/mame options
then of course the dream setup would be within mame if 2 players are selected the screens "mirror" and if 1 player is selected a second mame instance is creted for screen #2 and screen #3 (but i know THAT is going to take a bit more work on my part)
So i'll start fleshing out openmobile in there next and of course feel free to correct me
A few updates for your list (since you asked):
* Yup CF is limited to 2 monitors (and im pretty sure RR is too)
* Not sure where you get "hack" from...RR has a plugin (aka not a hack) for almost every media player
* Yup RR does support media from USB
* LinuxICE (which should really be nGhost since thats what your comparing) doesn't support iTunes but does support file syncing (no hack)
* Streetdeck has no bluetooth even with a hack (hardware for it doesn't exist) but is the only FE with integrated navigation so def not a hack (pretty much the opposite)
* Streetdeck uses WMP and supports iTunes (with a hack). It also has built in OBDII.
* Streetdeck does not support multiple monitors or the FB
* Streetdeck, OpenMobile and LinuxICE have an app store equivalent (I happen to host the first two).
* Not sure about CF's music backend though
thanks, updated with that info!
maybe i should clarify "app store"
my definition is the plug and play quick and easy 2 way communication style app store.
in the way that in the iphone app store you can't buy programs that won't work on your phone, same with android, you can only get apps that will work.
they are integrated into the UI so you click an icon, and search the list (no "hope you rtfm and searched the intartubes" as the only way to know it's there) speaking of which, mind pointing me there so i can have that included as well?
you mention im only talking about nghost. I'm trying to make sure I cover as much as i can so I included the linuxice stuff in there from Kev, Kev would you be able to help me with the differences between the two?
oh and media from usb, maybe I should include "plug and pray" it should react just like i threw a cd in the stereo and just "become" an available source in whatever media screen im on. no folder navigation to get to it I mean.
LinuxICE is the operating system...nGhost is the Front End that runs on top of it. They go together but linuxICE can also have different front ends on top of it including revFE and OpenMobile.
As far as the appstore functionality your talking about, its all there just no ones written that nice interface your talking about. Linux has all of its plugins available in an app repository it just needs a nice front end for the package manager to handle browsing and installing.
openMobile is the same way, we created our own repository and cross platform installer and just have to give it a nice UI so you can browse download and install with one click.
ah ha, now THAT makes more sense.. hmm, interesting that gives me more stuff to try. heh
i might be a microsoft fanboy, but I think this is a place linux belongs. because of that "just work factor" once you get there.
However, I thought this was a list of features that people need, want, and dream for